So I've had leaking valve stem seals for a couple of years now. It would only smoke after not starting it for over a week. So it didn't really bother me. But then two weeks ago I could hear an exhaust leak coming from the turbo manifold area. It's a pita to get to the nuts with the engine in the car and more so cause of the wrap.
I could see a couple of nuts that had work themself loose. So I decided to remove the whole engine/tranny as it's very easy to do. Once on the engine stand, I saw that the clamp of one of the wastegates wasn't on properly and could see that that was where the leak was.

Next I removed the head. I o-ring the block back in 2012 and have been running an 87mm elring gasket since then. I was probably running around 400 rwhp on 91 octane until I switch to an ms3pro last June to run flex fuel. The car made 681 rwhp and 684 rwtq on 24 psi.

I've provided some picture of the gasket and you can see the groove caused by the stainless steel wire. Is it possible to place copper wire and run a cut ring gasket?