BAVToys

Thread: HID or LED ???

My Cars
    TURBO 99 M3, F82 M4

HID or LED ???

What options are out there currently running factory ZKW euro headlights also have a set of DEPOs as a back up but both running the H1 bulb stock ellipsoid lighting. I'm wanting to upgrade to the some better lighting and need advise. What a white colour so I know 4300K-5000k is around the area I need to be also looking at adding Halos possibly. What should I get and whats available. Price doesn't matter but I usually try to get the most bang for my buck and just cause it's the most expensive doesn't mean its the best to me. Please post up links to videos, sites, vendors etc or anyone who can provide input. Would like to order in the next few weeks. Hoping this forum is DEAD yet and that those who read this respond with help.
    Last edited by JuCo; 01-04-2020 at 04:29 PM.
    Mod list - M50 manifold; TechniqueTuning Stg2, Apex Arc-8, ZKW euro, clear corners Mike R diffbrace, Koni Yell with HR race
    X-brace UCC tranny mounts -BLK/with enforcers, powerflex rtabs,lcabs, AAfanclutch, mishimoto rad, UCC Ultra-cerametallic Clutch.
    You will go through days of joy and days of sadness as the pursuit for power leads to madness...

My Cars
    03 zhp, 97 e36m3, 04 zhp

My Cars
    Alpine white 1995 M3
    OK sorry for the noob questions here but I am just diving into this myself. There are a lot of shitty retrofit jobs out there that have no cutoff. This looks pretty legit actually. Is this the blessed way to get real HID into an e36? If I have this right, you load up on the kit and drop all this into a pair of depos and you're done. The wiring is not totally straightforward what with all the options there ... so if someone has a bill of materials they really like I'd love to read it. I was going to get depo units and drop in some slightly whiter halogen bulb but this is quite compelling....

Still trolling through this forum and learning....

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Quote Originally Posted by cbredesen View Post
    OK sorry for the noob questions here but I am just diving into this myself. There are a lot of shitty retrofit jobs out there that have no cutoff. This looks pretty legit actually. Is this the blessed way to get real HID into an e36? If I have this right, you load up on the kit and drop all this into a pair of depos and you're done. The wiring is not totally straightforward what with all the options there ... so if someone has a bill of materials they really like I'd love to read it. I was going to get depo units and drop in some slightly whiter halogen bulb but this is quite compelling....

Still trolling through this forum and learning....
    https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...o-ZKW-housings
    CBlock

My Cars
    1997 BMW 328i Sedan
    I’ll tell you right now that I’m looking to switch to LED lights. My HID kit from bavtoys has been super intermittent and I haven’t had functioning lights in months.... so with that being said good luck!