BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: E30 5sp 325i Cirrusblau Sedan 127kmi for in CT sale soon! (bought a 911)

My Cars
    1989 325i 4 Door 5sp

E30 5sp 325i Cirrusblau Sedan 127kmi for in CT sale soon! (bought a 911)

A good deal on a 964 came my way, so I am unexpectedly going to be selling my very trusty daily driver of four years. Just 5k miles ago pulled the motor for a BIG service (every belt, every gasket, every hose & line, clutch, valve adjustment, much more) and replaced all suspension rubber with stock, inserts with Konis, all pads, rotors, lines much more. Classic story: treated it like I would never sell it and now I gotta sell it. I'm not organized enough to post a "real" ad just yet but took advantage of a nice warm day to shoot some pics and thought I'd invite anyone interested to get in touch. Located in CT on the shore and happy to help remote buyers. Would (and do) drive the car anywhere. Comes with both all season and snow tires, both on bottlecaps.

Price: $9,500

ext 1.jpgext 2.jpgint 1.jpgint 2.jpgmotor 2.jpg
    Last edited by somecarguy; 01-06-2020 at 06:42 AM.

My Cars
    1989 325i 4 Door 5sp
    More on the car below and attached. I'm researching an asking price and open to reasonable offers informed by the market and condition. This car sold in a few days - the paint is quite likely nicer than mine but the miles are the same and its a data point. https://boston.craigslist.org/nos/ct...041430129.html

1989 BMW 325i Sedan 5sp Cirrusblau Metallic with Natur leatherette comfort seats.
    WBAAD1300K8834748

Purchased June 2016 with 83k miles with a working odometer and clean title.
    Presently 127k miles (being driven), working odometer, clean CT documents in hand.

Interior:
    Near perfect 10. No dash or upholstery cracks, every light, button, gauge works as intended. New production Euro clock replaces 6-button OBC (included). Working manual sunroof with no leaks. Continental Bluetooth radio replaces BMW cassette deck (included), reconditioned BMW Premium Audio speakers front and rear, replaced genuine BMW power antennae – result is it looks AND sounds great!

Mechanical:
    This is my daily car, it replaced an aircooled 911 that I stopped enjoying as it climbed in value. Compared to the 911 the BMW was a joy to maintain and I lavished it with attention, with the spend being 95% maintenance / 5% upgrades. In summary the car passes the ‘wife test’ works absolutely wonderfully, starting quickly year round, idling like glass, pulling happily to redline and sounding great doing it. Transmission shifts into all gears smoothly, even when cold. No noises. Clutch, brakes and their hydraulics are new and smooth, ABS works. Suspension is renewed with genuine/oem parts including Koni inserts. Motor and transmission were recently removed for routine maintenance and cleaning, every single seal, gasket, belt, hose, wear part was replaced per the spreadsheet. Compression is 180-190 on all cylinders. MPG ~24 on the highway. Only modifications a lightened flywheel and sssquid chip. (originals included). Extra set of bottlecap rims with Blizzaks included.

Issues:
    On cold mornings the car starts quickly and idles perfectly. However the idle hunts after it is given gas. This is only for the first approx. 90 seconds and then the issue disappears entirely. Pulling away the car does not miss or stumble whatsoever, and driving a short distance cures the issue which does not return.
    R134a conversion is in process: the condenser, fan ballast, receiver/dryer, expansion valve, lines/gaskets have been replaced. The system was running and working this summer but leaking via compressor. I've since had the compressor rebuilt but is in a box and not installed.

Exterior:
    Summary is very honest and original driver, without rust except where noted below. I spent $500 on a full Waxoyl treatment that protects both the internal cavities (hood, doors, rockers, trunk, etc) and the underbody with a non-hardening ‘blackwax’. I intentionally did not have this car resprayed because I like its original condition and actually drive the car. Clearcoat is fading on the roof, there are dents on the pass door and hood none of which have flaking or damaged paint. There are two rust patches on the bottom of the rear valence. I removed the black plastic lip under the front bumper after it caught snow and bent. I didn’t replace it with the belief it would happen again, they are available for $180. One foglight is cracked.

Other:
    Car comes with factory owners manual, Bentley service manual, service records and receipts, all original parts removed and assorted spares including oil filters, belts, some rubber parts not yet installed.

Records available for all of the following work. Majority of parts listed purchased at FCP Euro and come with lifetime replacement (yes, even for wear parts like belts and brakes). Always Genuine BMW or OEM quality Made in Germany unless unavailable.

Maintenance Summary
    3-5k mi: Oil changed using Mobil 1 15w-50 summer, Mobil 1 0w-40 winters. Both high ZDDP oils suitable for flat tappet motors.
    122k mi: Front and Rear suspension rubber parts, control arms & shocks – see detailed spreadsheet

119k mi: Major Engine & Transmission out service – see detailed spreadsheet
    118k mi: Catalytic Converter (stock), Cat-Back (stainless, quiet street), hangers, O2 sensor replaced.
    115k mi: Clutch master cylinder replaced, bled
    112k mi: F&R brake pads, rotors, lug bolts replaced, fluid flush and bleed.
    110k mi: Michelein Defender T+H tires installed & balanced.
    102k mi: Waxoyl Hardwax underbody protection, Waxoyl 120/4 cavity protection applied
    99k mi: Transmission and Differential oil replaced with Redline 75w90
    86k mi: Initial tuneup: Fluid flush, belt replacement, valve adjustment, AGM battery, hood shocks, dash lights, air filter, door locks, assorted senders, switches, rubber parts.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by somecarguy; 01-01-2020 at 04:59 PM.

My Cars
    1989 325i 4 Door 5sp
    Car is ready for sale and asking price is $10k
    Write with any questions I'm happy to help by email or phone and also happy to facilitate remote buyers.

My Cars
    2007 mustang gt vert
    Looks like a great car and well maintained. It may be me but I was not able to view the spreadsheet. I am not a serious buyer at this point (timing on my end) and so it isn’t worth your effort getting the file to me but wanted to mention this in case it is a larger issue than my human error. Good luck with your sale and new car! Best regards

My Cars
    1989 325i 4 Door 5sp
    Deposit taken

My Cars
    carbon black e46 m3
    sold?

My Cars
    1989 325i 4 Door 5sp
    sold