Thread: No steering angle signal after calibration?

My Cars
    2006 BMW 325xi (E91)

No steering angle signal after calibration?

I've been having an issue with my 2006 325xi lately. Dreaded trifecta of abs, dsc and ebrake lights in amber. From what I gather, this means my dsc, awd etc is inactive, which is no good in Canadian winter. Cruise control also won't work, which is a pain.
    This failure has happened before, but went away after restarting the car and driving off. This time its been here for a week.

Anyways, finally got INPA working (total newbie), and checked out the codes. Looked these up, printed out, and kept a log.
    When I went to delete the codes, all went away except those DSC, LDM and VGSG related.
    I then attempted to see if I could rule out common causes for this type of failure.
    Checked out wheel speed sensors, which all seemed to be working correctly.
    Then went to see if this was a steering issue.
    Steering sensor seemed to be working properly on the read out. On the off chance that it was slightly off and needed calibration, I then selected "steering angle calibration" from the "activate" menu.
    .. one beep from the car, a failure message from INPA later, the sensor is no longer giving ANY reading on INPA...
    Go to drive and notice I now need to manually shut off my turn signals, so there is definitely an issue.
    Looked things up again and tried to calibrate with Tool32 (loaded DXC90 prg and ran "lenkwinkel dsc abgleichen") only to get an error code along the lines of "ECU CONDITIONS INCORRECT".

Now wanting to bang my head on a wall for adding another problem to my pile and hoping I could get some help in at least removing this one.

Thanks ahead!

UPDATE: Decided to take another look this morning (two days later), and turns out I misread the wheel speed readings initially. Wheel speed sensor front left is giving no signal. I figure this was the original problem and will replace sensor in a few days, however am still keen to get my SAS working again...
    Last edited by Dmou92; 01-01-2020 at 11:28 PM.

My Cars
    2001 525it
    I would have a shop read the car with the autologic and then try to reset steering angle

My Cars
    2006 BMW 325xi (E91)
    Thanks for taking the time to respond jclausen. I hope you won't think it's rude of me to say, but if I feel like the point of posting here is to avoid going to the shop lol

FIXED! Hallelujah. Didn't want to be one of those guys who doesn't update after solving on my first post, so here it is:

After realizing my front left wheel speed sensor was giving 0 reading, I removed it and inspected it. No obvious issue, so I figured it must be dead. Bought a new sensor and replaced.
    Opened INPA, cleared codes and it got rid of my codes! ABS light shut off.
    E brake light and DSC were still on. Steering angle sensor still gave no reading at this point.
    Opened Tool32 and ran the steering calibration from DXC_90 program again.
    It worked! All lights off, car back to full functionality.
    I guess the steering calibration just doesn't work if the driving stability systems are shut off due to errors.
    What a relief.
    Hope this helps someone else!