99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Test run

https://youtu.be/09cqqhoNbIs

everything works
    - Radio Ordered
    - Harness is all wire up
    -

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by franco90; 01-06-2020 at 10:35 AM.
    El Cid 1999 IL
    DUDMD Tune/DINAN CAI/19 in Style 95 Rims/Bilstein's Shocks/Eibach Lowering Springs/OEM Folding Mirrors/Custom Cupholder/Custom Wood Sunshade/Sport Steering Wheel/Euro Center Console/Leather Shifter/Rearview Camera /Luke Custom 10 in Sub Box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Rear view Camera/BMW OEM Monitors/BMW E38 Picnic Tables/Vanity Headrests/OEM Roof Rack/Strut Bar/Dinan MAF and Dinan Throttle Body and Dinan tunning /BM53 Radio upgrade /Custom Innovadrive NXG39 modify and Alpine ILX-W650 touch screen radio.

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    El Cid 1999 IL
    DUDMD Tune/DINAN CAI/19 in Style 95 Rims/Bilstein's Shocks/Eibach Lowering Springs/OEM Folding Mirrors/Custom Cupholder/Custom Wood Sunshade/Sport Steering Wheel/Euro Center Console/Leather Shifter/Rearview Camera /Luke Custom 10 in Sub Box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Rear view Camera/BMW OEM Monitors/BMW E38 Picnic Tables/Vanity Headrests/OEM Roof Rack/Strut Bar/Dinan MAF and Dinan Throttle Body and Dinan tunning /BM53 Radio upgrade /Custom Innovadrive NXG39 modify and Alpine ILX-W650 touch screen radio.

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Now the fun begins

El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    1996 740iL
    Thread closed for review.

My Cars
    1996 740iL
    Thread open. I finally had time to read through the last several posts in this thread. Most have been removed. There is absolutely no reason for things to get nasty and won't be tolerated here. Period. No one is being forced to buy a product here. Our members are all adults and if they choose to buy into something without doing their homework on the price, quality, style, etc., that's on them.

It's not my job to determine if a product is worthy to be discussed on the forum. It is my job to keep things civil here. Consider this a warning to all involved.

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    so I took the unit completely apart i Have to trim it a little since this is for M5 and as you know the dash are different.
    I also remove the navigation frame that way I can work with it . I will post pics tomorrow.
    El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi,

Mayorchuck - Thanks for the tidy up! The personal comments that were directed at me I just chuckle at and move on, including the ones I got via a private message too. I learnt a long long time ago not to bother with such online hate!

Franco - It'll be interesting to see how you get on! get in touch with any specific aspects I'll need to consider when designing the NXG-38 version

Cheers, Dennis!

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisCooper View Post
    Franco - It'll be interesting to see how you get on! get in touch with any specific aspects I'll need to consider when designing the NXG-38 version

Cheers, Dennis!
    The E39 NXG-39 is too big and I have to trim it and there is no turn back LOL , wish me luck to see if it will work, I make it l work trust me I have an idea.
    El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Here it is

Just have to run the harness and show you the radio in action

El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    E30 E38 E46 E85 F150 GTI
    Looks pretty good. Need to adjust trim above the heater controls?
    2000 740i Sport | 2004 330xi | 1988 325i Vert | 2003 Z4 2.5 | 1995 Ford F150 | 2018 GTI

My Cars
    740iL (E38 '01)
    Quote Originally Posted by franco90 View Post
    Here it is

Just have to run the harness and show you the radio in action

This looks good!

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Final set up

El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Night mode

El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    1988 E24, 1997 E38 740iL
    So do the menu/select buttons on the side work like they are supposed to or are they just decoration ? I understand that the screen is touchscreen self contained..
    Pete

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerFlyer View Post
    So do the menu/select buttons on the side work like they are supposed to or are they just decoration ? I understand that the screen is touchscreen self contained..
    Pete
    Pete no they are just decorations
    El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    1988 E24, 1997 E38 740iL
    Well, that is still cool, for sure brings it up into the modern age...and it keeps the time period correct look... losing the OBC really is not that big of a loss....
    Pete

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerFlyer View Post
    Well, that is still cool, for sure brings it up into the modern age...and it keeps the time period correct look... losing the OBC really is not that big of a loss....
    Pete
    LOL the OBC is gone for now BUT that's the price you have to pay to have modern technology in a 1999 BMW and I am also keeping OEM, Trust me people will think this is a Stock Radio. I hope this helps everyone

Thanks
    Franco
    El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    so here is a look at my set up

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by franco90; 02-12-2020 at 07:57 PM.
    El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR
    Looks sharp Franco! What version android does it have? Were you able to install an app that gives you the OBC data?

"A good scientist is a person with original ideas. A good engineer is a person who makes a design that works with as few original ideas as possible. There are no prima donnas in engineering." - Freeman Dyson

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Quote Originally Posted by kahlilj View Post
    Looks sharp Franco! What version android does it have? Were you able to install an app that gives you the OBC data?

Nope it’s an alpine double din

And no to the OBC data

El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    2000 740i sport
    I love it! It looks PERFECT!

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Quote Originally Posted by purplecty View Post
    I love it! It looks PERFECT!
    Hi Purplecty,

Thanks for the compliment ! I designed it as best I could taking into consideration the proportions, curvature of the E39 dash and of course the shape of the buttons & the character/symbols font design. I searched extensively for the OEM supplier of the LED's but I just couldn't find that information, so the LED colouring is not a 100% exact match to the OEM but it's close enough.

Franco - Thank you for those latest pictures, I can see that the OEM 16:9 monitor sits further 'forward' so that the curvature of the outer trim piece/ring matches the shape of the E38 dash and trim pieces there. I 'think' all E38's have that 'shape' dash area so I'll keep this in mind for when I can begin the CAD design work for the NXG-38

Cheers, Dennis!

My Cars
    98 540I/6, 95 M, 00 Ram
    why is the gap at the top not even? is it just a matter of adjustment? Im so OCD that would drive me crazy!! Did I miss the USD cost of this. Dennis, looks like you finally finished what we talked about years ago old friend...nice.

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi m320is,

The gap on the right side is just ever so slightly more than on the left and it's just perhaps how Franco has it fitted - I've not designed the top edge of the NXG-39 to have a slant ! Perhaps with some jigging and using a small spirit level, a perfect horizontal placement I'm sure can be achieved!

Yes, the initial concept idea was years back and I evaluated lots of different possible routes to go with upgrading the old OEM modules to new bang up to date technology and how to integrate for an OEM look, along with each of those concepts pricing levels. What I came up with in the NXG-39 is the best blend of all aspects and criteria along with a suitable price point. The UK Pound price is £239 which currently equates to $310 USD. For the various USA orders the cost including full insurance delivery takes it to £269, the equivalent of $348 currently. Drop me a PM if you'd like!

Cheers, Dennis!

My Cars
    98 540I/6, 95 M, 00 Ram
    Hey Dennis!!

How goes man, been a while. The unit looks great, this is what we talked about years ago right? I like it. I have been off the forums for a while, and was in the middle of an NBT retrofit in my e38 until I was questioned about the car having DSC or not. It is an 750 with a model year of 95 and that was the first year that DSC was offered... I had the button but there was descrepency on when the production month DSC began, it finally took me pulling apart the dash and finding that it was indeed ASC-t I believe and someone changed the button in the panel to a DSC one, I dont know what that was about but was bummed out none the less, especially already having all of the parts less the NBT interface module. So I pulled the trigger on the AVIN unit, and to be honest its not bad. Its android based which I know next to nothing about but it kept all my OBC controls, plus pdc with backup cam, and a TPMS interface. I also got the wireless carplay adapter, and thats just cool. I also put a Dynavin N7Pro in my E53 about a month earlier, and couldnt be more happy with that, has all the AVIN has, sans the wireless carplay, still requires the phone to be plugged in, but it works great. Im curious do you have a kit for the e39? I was gonna pull the trigger on another AVIN unit for my wagon I just picked up but if I can do something like this with a new Alpine HU, I would be all for it. I suppose you have a list of HU's that will work with the kit, or will any standard DD work?

Thanks
    Dave

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast