Thread: Looking for pictures of Koni Yellows with H&R Sport Springs on 17s

My Cars
    02 M3 Coupe, 01 Z3 Coupe

Looking for pictures of Koni Yellows with H&R Sport Springs on 17s

Looking for pictures of Koni Yellows with H&R Sport Springs on 17s. I've seen pics on 18s and it looks good but I'd prefer to run 17s. If you're running this setup please post. Yes, I tried using search but came up with nothing or pics are no longer hosted. Thanks in advance!

My Cars
    02 Mroady,2007 Z4 coupe
    I have them on both my M Roadster and my Z4 coupe. I will try to post some Picts tomorrow

My Cars
    02 M Coupe, 07 A3 S-Line
    This one was on Konis with H&Rs

2002 Steel Gray over Imola Red M Coupe

My Cars
    02 M3 Coupe, 01 Z3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by jrmartin03 View Post
    This one was on Konis with H&Rs
    Thanks for the pics! Looks pretty good. Now I don't know if I want to go with this setup to save money or go GC coilovers like I was originally.

Quote Originally Posted by rboehl View Post
    I have them on both my M Roadster and my Z4 coupe. I will try to post some Picts tomorrow
    Thanks! Looking forward to more pics

My Cars
    02 Mroady,2007 Z4 coupe

My Cars
    02 M3 Coupe, 01 Z3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by rboehl View Post
    Hope this helps
    That helps a lot thanks! Cars look good!

My Cars
    2000 E36/7 2.5
    Glad I found this.. this is the setup I will have once I get it all installed.. looks perfect to me, not too lowered, not too bling. Stoked.

My Cars
    1999 M & 2001 M Roadster
    Anyone else feel the H&R brings the rear end down 1/2 inch too far? Is there a spacer you can add to make this just right?

My Cars
    02 M3 Coupe, 01 Z3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffPortland View Post
    Anyone else feel the H&R brings the rear end down 1/2 inch too far? Is there a spacer you can add to make this just right?
    Here you go: https://www.bimmerworld.com/Suspensi...pring-Pad.html

My Cars
    1999 M & 2001 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by WOODOO View Post
    How would this impact handling? Obviously better to be higher in back than in front but less ideal? I'm guessing the low rear is optimal based on some H&R engineery thinking.

My Cars
    02 M3 Coupe, 01 Z3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffPortland View Post
    How would this impact handling? Obviously better to be higher in back than in front but less ideal? I'm guessing the low rear is optimal based on some H&R engineery thinking.
    No clue. Just giving you what you asked for. Don't think higher rear means better handling tho. And every shock is different so don't think that's intentional by H&R. If you want it higher just do what you like. Doubt you'll notice much difference in handling either way.

My Cars
    1999 M & 2001 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by WOODOO View Post
    No clue. Just giving you what you asked for. Don't think higher rear means better handling tho. And every shock is different so don't think that's intentional by H&R. If you want it higher just do what you like. Doubt you'll notice much difference in handling either way.
    Thank you. I think I'll call TC Kline when I'm ready for this project. They sell H&R springs on their site and I'll go over pluses and minuses with them.

My Cars
    2000 E36/7 2.5
    Got everything on and it’s perfect. Konis, H&R Sports, 17” wheels off a 435, and 20mm rear spacers.

And maybe someday soon I can post picture!

Quote Originally Posted by rallypanam View Post
    Glad I found this.. this is the setup I will have once I get it all installed.. looks perfect to me, not too lowered, not too bling. Stoked.

My Cars
    2000 E36/7 2.5
    Got everything on and it’s perfect. Konis, H&R Sports, 17” wheels off a 435, and 20mm rear spacers.

And maybe someday soon I can post picture!
    z3.jpg

My Cars
    1999 BMW Z3 Coupe 2.8
    Yep looks fit and trim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1999 BMW Z3 M Roadster
    I apologize for the unprecedented advice, but if you do anything outside of pleasant driving around the city I'd suggest trying another spring choice.

H&R is a good company and the springs do their job (lowering the car), but not great with regard to driving (in my experience). If you don't drive spiritedly, please disregard the following: Progressive rates are really nice for a daily driver and the lower rates are decently comfortable, but I've had bad experiences with progressive springs for spirited and/or track driving. IMO the delta in the low tohigh rates on the H&R vary too highly. What I mean is I think their rear spring low rates are good and soft in a slow compression but by the time you are at a rate that is manageable in a corner, it's far in the stroke and any high cmpression hit made my cars unpredictable - this led to wonky corrections. Furthemore, I think <500lb is a little too soft in the rear. A 650 or 700 linear rate sounds high but after playing around with different spring rates with these cars, I've found that rate works the best for me to balance the car (with a 400-450lb spring in front). YRMV.

I do have to say. They got the static stance ABSOLUTELY correct. It looks amazing.
    Last edited by Meeners; 05-07-2020 at 05:28 PM.
    Z3///M Roadster | GC Sleeves | TCKline 450lb (F) & 700lb (R) | Koni S/A | Porsche 996 4-Pots | CSL 345mm (F) | e38 328mm (R)

My Cars
    4 BMWs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meeners View Post
    I apologize for the unprecedented advice, but if you do anything outside of pleasant driving around the city I'd suggest trying another spring choice.

H&R is a good company and the springs do their job (lowering the car), but not great with regard to driving (in my experience). If you don't drive spiritedly, please disregard the following: Progressive rates are really nice for a daily driver and the lower rates are decently comfortable, but I've had bad experiences with progressive springs for spirited and/or track driving. IMO the delta in the low tohigh rates on the H&R vary too highly. What I mean is I think their rear spring low rates are good and soft in a slow compression but by the time you are at a rate that is manageable in a corner, it's far in the stroke and any high cmpression hit made my cars unpredictable - this led to wonky corrections. Furthemore, I think <500lb is a little too soft in the rear. A 650 or 700 linear rate sounds high but after playing around with different spring rates with these cars, I've found that rate works the best for me to balance the car (with a 400-450lb spring in front). YRMV.

I do have to say. They got the static stance ABSOLUTELY correct. It looks amazing.
    I drive my non M Z3 spiritedly, and I don't think the suspension is bad out of the box. Could this H&R/Koni combo be "worse" than the stock set up? I get you're coming from an M setup though. I just want something that will lower the car and let it handle just as good or slightly better as a non-M stock Z handles.
    2001 Z3 3.0i -Oxford Green/Sandbeige
    2016 428xi -Estoril Blue II/Black
    2018 430iC- Estoril Blue II/Black
    2018 330it - Melbourne Red/Venetian Beige/Black