Thread: Will A Dealer Sell You New Cars With Problems Already Known

My Cars
    Just been totaled

Will A Dealer Sell You New Cars With Problems Already Known

A dealer gave me 30% off the MSRP for a new car. This car has about 400 miles on it, carfax showed it's been traded between dealers that's about 350 miles away from each other but is indeed a new car, and this dealer told me the mileage on the new car was due to his agent drove the car back from the previous dealer. The car was doing great when I test drove it.

However, many google reviews said this dealer sold them used cars with problems, I can't find reviews questioning the condition of their new car, but I got worried if there is some problem with this new car (like any mechanical problems that will be time consuming to repair even though it will have manufacture's warranty). A great price too good to be true plus high mileage on a new car that's been swapped just concerns me.

Should I be concerned about this vehicle? What will dealers do if they found out one of their new inventories has problems? Will they try to sell it or will they try to return it back to the manufacture? I know there are used lemon cars, but should you worry about a new car being lemon with problems dealer has already found out?

Thanks!

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    First, check your state’s lemon laws. They vary by state. Some states don’t have a lemon law for cars. Then take the car to a reputable indie shop that specializes in bimmers. The shop needs to have all of the latest proprietary NMW software. Try www.bimrs.org to find a shop near you. Have the car undergo a pre-purchase inspection (PPI). Require the dealer to fix whatever is found during the PPI.

Some cars are just jinxed. Could be that they were built with a few crappy parts, or the assembly line workers weren’t paying attention. There are even stories out there of an assembly line worker sabotaging random cars. One story was that a worker on the Cadillac assembly line put an empty coke can inside the inner fender. The van had a note that said, “bet you had a hard time finding the cause of the rattle”!

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by utihakou View Post
    Judge whether the OBD- Ⅱ socket has traces of recent use,because you may be aware that the mileage of this car has been adjusted.
    Not happening. There's no way to adjust mileage on these cars.

Sounds like a simple trade and swap. Dealers do it all the time. If the car is new, it's new, and its under warranty. They're giving deep discounts this time of year because they need to move the inventory.
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    -

Will a car dealer F you is the question. Right?

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue