Thread: Anyone know of a BMW guru in the Northern Virginia areato work on my Z3?

My Cars
    1997, BMW, Z3 Roadster

Anyone know of a BMW guru in the Northern Virginia areato work on my Z3?

I am looking for a competent Z3 mechanic. I live in the Sterling, Virginia area. Please let me know if you know of any one. Thanks!

My Cars
    N/A
    What are you trying to do and what engine?

My Cars
    S54 e36/8; Tesla MY LR5
    ^^^^

there is likely very little you need a specialized mechanic to work on on a '97 z3 to be honest. Plus if you read this form, you can do everything yourself.

My Cars
    1997 BMW Z3 1.9L 5MT
    Quote Originally Posted by fmcfad01 View Post
    ... there is likely very little you need a specialized mechanic to work on on a '97 z3 to be honest. Plus if you read this form, you can do everything yourself.
    If the 42 in the OP's name has anything to do with his vintage, then like me, he may prefer to pay. I may know how to do a lot, but can't physically do it comfortably. Replacing the struts and shocks and exhaust wore me out when I turned 70 in 2012.
    BMW MOA 696, BMW CCA 1405

My Cars
    02 MC, 01 MR, 99 Z3C
    I concur that the Z3 is a pretty straightforward BMW parts bin car that is easy to work on. I just attended a club DIY this past weekend at Craftsman Auto Care in Alexandria and the shop guys that were on hand to assist were all very straight up friendly and knowledgeable. They also have locations in Chantilly, Fairfax, and Merrifield. If you are looking for some kind of performance upgrade or race prep then RRT in Sterling is good.
    Last edited by KBH22102; 12-10-2019 at 05:03 AM.
    Kelvin

My Cars
    S54 e36/8; Tesla MY LR5
    RRT Racing in sterling tends to get a lot of chatter, but I've never used them. I have to imagine they are not cheap though.

I think Alexandria Bavarian is a BMW specific mechanic, but they rubbed me the wrong way when I went in there...as if they couldn't be bothered for my business.

There is a little shop around the corner from there I use from time to time for little things or family's cars called Capital Auto Care. Wahid is a really nice guy and very accommodating. Sort of a hole in the wall place, but he does good work and usually has pretty fair pricing. I think he has a 5* rating on google maps, which in the mechanic business, is sort of absurd. I let him work on my M5 as well, but I usually do all my coupe work.