Thread: E36 Harman Kardon HK stereo parts

My Cars
    98 M3/4/5, RIP 528e

E36 Harman Kardon HK stereo parts

I completely removed the HK system from my 1998 M3 sedan and installed all new stuff, so it's time to sell the old parts. I have some spares, as I was trying to keep my HK alive long enough to put together the new system. Here's what I've got:

Amp - $60 - The amp is in fine condition and all channels worked with no unusual noises or issues. It comes with its bracket.

Rear 6x9 speakers - $80 for the pair - These speakers seemed to hold up the best of all the ones in the car. I never had to replace these, and they sounded great the whole time. It's impossible to know if the surround is intact or not due to the fabric covering it, but I never heard any weird noises from these, so I think the surrounds are in good shape.

Front 5.25" speakers - $25 each - My original ones had bad surrounds, so over a few years I picked up some spares that were in good condition. I have four with perfect surrounds, and one with broken surround. I will include that one for free with the purchase of another. The four with good surrounds all sound good when installed, the one with broken surround makes a little noise.

Mids - prices vary - All mids have bad or missing surrounds, but they do all work. However, they will sometimes make noises. I have two mids that are not in the housing, asking $5 each. Two are in messed up black housings, asking $10 each. I have one in a tan housing in perfect condition, but it's missing the tighteneing ring. $15 for this one.

I also have two non-HK mids in black housings that are in perfect shape. I was unable to test these however. Asking $20 for the pair. I also have one non-HK tweeter, but the black housing is cracked.

My Cars
    1995 M3 Alpine/Black 5sp
    PM'd

My Cars
    1998 Z3 Roadster
    Any chance that you still have any good condition kick panel speakers?

My Cars
    98 M3/4/5, RIP 528e
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary McCormick View Post
    Any chance that you still have any good condition kick panel speakers?

Pretty sure they're all gone, but I'll double check tomorrow.

My Cars
    1999 BMW 323i vert
    Looking to get that amp from you but I've got a 1999 e36 convertible. Any chance that the harman kardon sedan amp will work just as the convertible harman kardon amp?

My Cars
    98 M3/4/5, RIP 528e
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelse36 View Post
    Looking to get that amp from you but I've got a 1999 e36 convertible. Any chance that the harman kardon sedan amp will work just as the convertible harman kardon amp?
    Sorry, the amp has been sold. All I have left are the rear deck speakers.

My Cars
    1998 M3 Sedan
    Anyway you got a write up on what you swapped with and how? I have HK in my sedan and want to swap but so much conflicting information.

My Cars
    98 M3/4/5, RIP 528e
    Quote Originally Posted by j4mison View Post
    Anyway you got a write up on what you swapped with and how? I have HK in my sedan and want to swap but so much conflicting information.
    Here's a LINK to my build thread. I don't go into super details on every step, but it should give you a pretty good starting point. I didn't reuse any of the stock wiring (aside from the signal wire to the amp) so while that took extra work, it freed me up from having to decipher wiring diagrams and rely on 25 year old wires.