Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FD 2020 thread

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima

FD 2020 thread

Things seems t have died down here so why not a lively discussion thread?

Random news, Diego Santos is returning. In an FRS that looks like it's sponsored by Toyota. People wonder why it's not a supra. I tend to agree.

I also wrote an article on the changes for the 2020 season and actually got a response email from FD

http://yoshi.e30drifter.com/2019/11/...ebook-changes/
    Response here-> http://yoshi.e30drifter.com/2019/12/...hanges-update/

Any new drivers or retiring drivers? I haven't heard of any major rumblings. I think Matt Field is still in the vette. Maybe the electric camaro will come out next year.

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    E36 M3, jzxE28
    saw your post on reddit I believe

uhhh not sure if anything is for sure happening yet but I've heard of a group of drivers possibly all getting LSx engines from the same source to get some good pricing.

Who will be in a supra... bound to be at least 1
    instagram @andyitslit

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    I got like 300 hits in 1 day just from a reddit post. I get nothing otherwise lol.

I would love aasbo in a supra but Ken gushi seems more likely. Bulk pricing on lsx motors sounds like a great idea. Wonder why it hadn't happened sooner.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    live view cameras would include reverse cameras which I hear a lot of cars are using due to halo seats / hans / rear firewalls blocking rear visibility. No idea why they would disallow those though.

I messaged Kevin about data as we are going to be running TermX on the pro2 car which is a pretty basic standalone and can't do any traction or anything fancy. I was told by Holley that they use a proprietary CAN network that can only be viewed on Holley software. I told Kevin this and his response was that was FD's problem not mine and they'd figure it out on their end as long as I gave them the required plug.

I did see an article that mentioned "Papadakis and Aasbo's 1000hp Supra" that he's been building the engine for on youtube.

I have heard many rumors of a Kristaps return so fingers crossed.

Rome will be going to Pro1 in his SC LS E36, can't remember the last time a 36 was in Pro1.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Yea the live camera is weird to me. Maybe they are trying to head something off? or like proximity sensors?

Proprietary CAN network is BS in all honesty. CAN is CAN. baud rates change but the transmission is very basic. You just need to know what PIDs are what. Which is standard for the holly systems. So that's not an issue. But, like I said in my article, you can fib the data export to the CAN network.

I thought the papa mama kisses supra wasn't for FD and was just a build to have a demo car or something.

Kistaps and diego returning would be jawesome!

Last E36 was denofa IIRC.

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    well, you can't plug a laptop with AEMdata on it in to a Holley ECU and read it, nor can you plug a laptop with Haltech software in to a Racepak Datalink and read it, so it's all "proprietary" to some extent.

I'm not sure on the supra, that article was just the first time I saw Aasbo's name attached to it at all.

I really hope to see Hohnadell back and feeling better this year too

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    The main connections of laptops to the ECUs themselves are not necessarily a CAN protocol. But all of these aftermarket ECUS support CAN output. They're two (usually) separate data connections.

I think Toyota loves the fact Aasbo isn't in a classic chassis and wants to keep it that way. Which is why I would assume Gushi would be next up. SOMEONE will have a supra next year. It's just a matter of who.

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    Honestly surprised Diago is coming in a FRS and not a Supra

My Cars
    '07 335I 6MT, '01 330i
    Sidenote: Englishtown is one of my "home" tracks. They haven't released what the "pro" layout is going to be, but it's honestly bound to be a tight and technical highlight of the season. I'm REALLY looking forward to it!
    Keep it simple: half gutted '01 330i, welded diff, BC coils, SLR Super kit

My Cars
    E36 M3, jzxE28
    I'm looking forward to Sonoma. Might actually go to all 3 california events.
    instagram @andyitslit

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    Quote Originally Posted by awp235 View Post
    Sidenote: Englishtown is one of my "home" tracks. They haven't released what the "pro" layout is going to be, but it's honestly bound to be a tight and technical highlight of the season. I'm REALLY looking forward to it!
    Thy built a new track off the drag strip just for this didn't they?

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Yea that's what I heard. New track all together. Englishtown is basically drift land at this point. I don't think it gets used for anything else.

My Cars
    '07 335I 6MT, '01 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by Novablue454 View Post
    Thy built a new track off the drag strip just for this didn't they?
    Yep! I havent been there to check it out yet. I'm hoping they still do probrodown the day after!

And yes, englishtown pavement is really only used for drifting at this point. MSF does some intro motorcycle courses in the parking lot, and they've still got the motocross track that's pretty fun, if my buddies that go there are to be believed. I stick to singletrack/ twotrack on my dirtbike.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    I hear there's video of the new track. Someone find it!

Also, I just realized texas is gone. That makes me sad. That track was pretty freaking awesome. on the last max driftcast, jim said they outgrew it. Which sounds hard to believe. But they meant for spectator accommodations. Which, I can kind of see.

My Cars
    e36 325ic
    The drag strip is still there but the new layout snakes across it. As of now FD wants to keep the layout under wraps and wants Etown to not share anything so as far as i know there isn't any official videos or pictures of it but I do know a few people who got to drive it to test it out and there was media there snapping photos and videos so I'm sure there may be something out there. And for now the only other thing really going on there is motorcross and cart racing, they do car shows on the strip everyone once in a while and the annual swap meet but drifting has been slowly taking over since we had a couple events on the cart track last year which they hadn't done in years. It's going to be interesting to see FD there, I'm pretty excited minus the fact that getting in and out of there is going to be a nightmare it should be a blast though

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    If it's still a drag strip, why dont they keep doing drag racing there?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

My Cars
    e36 325ic
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, I guess when you get paid more money just to store cars mixed with a few other things like decreased attendance and legal issues (from what I hear), as a business decision it made more sense to close it and focus on the things that were profitable. Etown also has houses surrounding it, so all these people move in the area without doing the proper research first like seeing there's a drag strip in their backyard then complain about noise so there was pressure from that too. There's a bunch of rumors and misinformation but this is what I heard, so it may be wrong but it may be right, but either way it sucks that they don't do it anymore and from what I understand it's not going to be back any time soon so it is what it is

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    I know that... I used to run drift events at one of the oldest ovals in the US. We got booted because the people nearby complained about the noise. Now it's an apartment complex

My Cars
    e36 325ic
    I'm sure they still get crap for the drifting but they usually only run Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays and drifting usually ends at 6pm, although they do some events that end at 10pm on Fridays occasionally. With the expansion though it doesnt seem like its that big of an issue. It's going to be fun when they start opening multiple tracks for drivers so we can choose from the road course, the cart track, and the FD layout DDD

My Cars
    '07 335I 6MT, '01 330i
    The owners publicly said they stopped drags because they simply didn't have the attendance to make it profitable. Insurance companies apparently used the strip to store totalled cars after the relatively recent texas flooding, but I never personally got down tehre to see any cars in storage. That's what they had said in their press releases.

Super sad, as the englishtown strip was a really long standing pretty historic strip. Also, there's an airport right next to the strips, so it was cool to fly in and walk across to the strip.

My Cars
    my brother's ti
    Quote Originally Posted by protomor View Post

Last E36 was denofa IIRC.
    i think danny george used an e36 just a few years back. he ended up rolling it over pretty quick IIRC

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    Quote Originally Posted by E36M3LX View Post
    i think danny george used an e36 just a few years back. he ended up rolling it over pretty quick IIRC
    That was Pro2

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    lol didn't he just roll it back and keep going? That was hilarious.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Worth bumping this lol. The field is filled with BMWs this year. Pro2 is basically e46 central. Andy is the only E30 but I even see an F22 (with mechanical issues?)

My Cars
    E36 M3, jzxE28
    shoutout to justin and josh love with the win in pro2.
    hope Rome has better luck. seemed like a real testing week for him.
    instagram @andyitslit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast