Thread: anyone with experience of ordering parts from spareto.com?

My Cars
    2011 BMW 535i xDrive

Smile anyone with experience of ordering parts from spareto.com?

Hi fellow BMW owners,

While looking for replacement parts for my 2011 535iX, I came across this Estonian parts seller spareto.com. Has anyone here had any experience ordering parts from them? Are they reliable sellers and were the parts of good quality?

Cheers,
    Aron

My Cars
    2011 BMW 535i xDrive
    I have gone ahead and placed an order. I paid using Paypal, so I am guessing that if there's any issue, I will have some protection and a process to handle the dispute. Let's see how it goes.

My Cars
    2011 BMW 535i xDrive
    So, you absolutely have got to have nerves of steel, if you order from spareto. When I placed my order (about $150), I did not get any e-mail or text confirmation of the order. I sat tight. For two days. With no ability to track what, if anything, was happening with my order. (I am guessing that if I had created my account before placing the order then maybe they would have associated it to my account and then I could track the order.)

Today, I received a text directly from DHL informing me that my package was on its way. Still, nothing from the seller. :-)

Will post another update once I receive the package next week.

My Cars
    11 550i
    I have never had any experience from company but sounds sketchy. Did you not view the sellers reviews from other customers? What about a tracking number from DHL? I work for a shipping co and know the process. It sounds like the package is in transit, but I would be weary when you receive. Lots of scams this time of year.

My Cars
    2011 BMW 535i xDrive
    I did get a tracking number from DHL and have recently paid for the duty, taxes, and DHL processing fees upon arrival of the shipment in Canada.

As for reviews, I did look the company up and it seems to have a facebook page with some 45 reviews from customers including those in the US and Canada. The profiles seemed genuine enough that I felt a little less nervous. The only other resource I found was its page on sitejabber with about 4 reviews.

I just think that the company doesn't seem to have invested a lot in its online ordering customer experience. But you're right - can't rest easy until I open the package and see the contents.

My Cars
    2011 BMW 535i xDrive
    Alright, so yesterday I finally received the parts that I ordered. Sent the car in for repair today.

From my experience, it seems that these folks have not invested much in customer experience. Hence, no order confirmation. No communication from the business. You just receive the text alert from the shipping company (DHL in my case). There was no estimate provided for duty/taxes/fees upfront, so I was a little shocked to see that the duty was 39% for New Brunswick. However, the pre-payment to DHL was a smooth process.

Anyway, I hope this review helps some future customer! Cheers.