Thread: New 535d Owner with questions

My Cars
    2014 BMW 535d M Sport

New 535d Owner with questions

New to the forum, thanks for all the great info. I've already had the wonderful experience of having to take it in for the EGR to be replaced at 72000mi (not how I was hoping the ownership of this car would start out).

I've done a pretty extensive search and haven't come across the answer to my questions. So, if I just plain missed it sorry. Now to the point:
    I just purchased a 2014 535d M Sport. Few questions regarding the car that I can't get answered from the manual or from my internet searches.
    1) Sport + does not exist on this car. I have Eco Pro/Comfort/Sport mode options. The manual for the car says it should have Sport +, and I haven't read anything on the googlewebs that says it shouldn't have the Sport + mode. Is this just normal for the year?
    2) Since I have only the Sport mode, it doesn't disengage the traction control. So, in Sport mode, when I turn the DTC off, it takes the car out of sport mode and puts it into what I can only identify as Comfort mode with traction turned off. What is displayed on my dash is D with traction written next to it, and then in the upper right is the DTC light showing that its off.

This is important to me because I intent to take this car on the track and if I can't turn off the traction control or stability control and be in a sport mode where is the fun in that.

I have tried being in Sport, and selecting manual on the shifter but that doesn't change anything. My assumption on this whole thing is that these modes just aren't available to me. So, to get something similar to the Sport + setting, i'd have to turn off DTC, be in manual, but will this adjust the steering?

Appreciate the help

My Cars
    07 Tundra, 02 530 14 x5
    I know suspension setups have changed from year to year. I could be wrong but I believe to have sport+ you must have adaptive suspension. I have a 2011 with adaptive suspension and can select sport+ and traction control automatically shuts off in that mode.
    2002 525i

My Cars
    2014 BMW 535d M Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainwreck914 View Post
    I know suspension setups have changed from year to year. I could be wrong but I believe to have sport+ you must have adaptive suspension. I have a 2011 with adaptive suspension and can select sport+ and traction control automatically shuts off in that mode.
    Yeah, I've looked at everything I can and just can't seem to get an answer. I put a email into the BMW guru's to see if maybe they have an answer. I stumbled into what I think might be a back door option. If in sport mode I hold down the traction control button for 10 sec I get a message on the main screen that says SPORT MODE with Dynamic stability control turned off. Which I believe is what Sport + is supposed to give you.

Still waiting on BMW's response but until then this seems to be a fun option.