Thread: BAV Sound discontinuing our cars from speaker upgrade

My Cars
    1998 M Roadster

BAV Sound discontinuing our cars from speaker upgrade

I noticed the last time I surfed BAV Sound's site--something I do every now and then--a few times a year--that no products came up anymore for our cars--that was a couple of months ago--just another NLA I said to myself. They sent me a Black Friday 10% off deal (not actually much of a deal), so I checked again, and this time the full set came up as a discontinued item--but I could still order it. So I did--I have one set in my '98, and they're wonderful--the HK system in my '99 is completely shot. I have a CD43 set aside for the '99 (it has a C33), but I have never bothered installing it as the speakers are shot. I never got around to ordering the BAV Sound set for the '99 because reasons (like they're really expensive and I already own a set). If anyone else has been sitting on this particular fence along with me these last few years, now appears to be the time to jump. I installed them in my '98 back in '11 and they still sound great. BAV Sound and an Integral Audio 80S (now the 81S) (which was also sold by BAV at the time) made the system really good--at least to my ears which is all that counts to me--those and a 200 watt Fosgate amp for the sub. Actually the 8" JL Audio 8W3V2 in the 81S needs its foam replaced as a matter of fact--winter project. Now I just need to decide on a sub solution for the '99. The BAV Sound system is expensive, but it is unparalleled, and it's true plug and play. It is a good idea to just buy parts for our cars when you see them anymore--seems like every time I look another part has gone NLA. I remember when I bought a set of front and rear mudflaps for my '98 thinking nothing of it, and they went NLA a week later when I went to pick up a second set. Anyway, on the off hand set they really are available and I don't get a back order email from BAV, I thought I'd post.

My Cars
    2000 m roadster 2010 x3
    There was never a stock 6 x 9 woofer for the Z. The only 6 x 9 option was from integral audio (1st go around). The rear channel was either a 2-2.25” or the 4”.

My Cars
    1998 M Roadster
    Bavsound LLC
    4901 Morena Blvd
    San Diego, CA 92117

Copyright © 2019
    Hi Ralph,
    We regret to inform you that the Z3 kit you ordered is no longer available. Please accept our apologies as the kit was not intended to be available for purchase on our website. Your order will be canceled and payment will be refunded. Sorry for the inconvenience.

My Cars
    1998 M Roadster
    I'm glad I got mine when I did. It was expensive, but i liked that it was plug and play, and that the sound got so much better without having to change out the amp. Without it, I think I would have spent more, and more time, on a replacement system.
    Wayne

1998 M Roadster
    1994 Honda ST1100--sold
    2017 Yamaha FJR1300ES

My Cars
    98 M Roadster
    That’s a shame-they had nice instructions on how to replace the front speakers. I wish I had saved them.

My Cars
    2001 Z3 2.5, 2021 330xi
    Quote Originally Posted by ///MRoadyJPL View Post
    That’s a shame-they had nice instructions on how to replace the front speakers. I wish I had saved them.
    The took them off the site? Bummer. Luckily, I did save them. Happy to share.

My Cars
    Z3M, Supercharged Miata
    I was pulling speakers today and swapping in a antenna base. Funny, my behind the seat speakers looked minty, and the kick panel speakers had zero surround. I just threw in half of some JBL components up front and Fosgate four inch for the rear. Both fit like they were made to be there. I am trying to give the factory head unit and amps a fair shot. Huge difference so far and I have no idea how the door speakers look as I may tackle that tomorrow. I do know that BMW aggravated the crud out of me. None of the schematics showed the green and green and blacks I had on both sides of the rear. They were soldered on and I honestly would have picked the wrong polarity if I was a guessing man. Glad I found a random post with those colors past the original harness and green with black was the hot wire. I think the 6.5 pyle sub I shoe horned in is the weak point at this time, the original sub was just a frame back there. I can't wait to see how the little two channel sub amp does on the eight inch in the sealed box that should be here Monday. I did win a Kicker 200w tiny sub amp tonight that will probably go in this if I think the one in there now doesn't work. I am sure I can re coupe a little selling the stock sub box and rears maybe.

My Cars
    '17 330i M sport Touring
    I replaced my original speakers with BavSound about two months ago. The originals were not that bad but a definite improvement with BavSound. It was a great deal too and very easy instructions to follow. Completely plug and play.

'17 BMW 330i XDrive MSport Touring
    '20 BMW R 1250RS Imperial Blue Metallic-Exclusive
    '02 BMW Z3 2.5i Titanium

My Cars
    Z3M, Supercharged Miata
    Well, I was shocked at how much better the tweeters alone made. So now the factory system, with just new speakers sounds great. My only issue for now is the 10 in DVC sub making the amp clip. Now, I was in a hurry and for the first time in my life I was out of speaker wire, so I used some crappy wire from my component set and that may have been straining it. So I pulled it last night, added another port for my DVC Pioneer sub, and put in some monster cable. Of course the terminal connector stuck out too far I got from Best Buy, so it is sitting on top waiting on my new terminal. I didn't even try it yet even though it is hooked up. I think if I had to do it again I would order the wood drop in for the 6.5, or even the top mount 6.5. I am sure the amp could have pushed it fine. I bet the micro kicker amp I won solves that issue quick if the wire doesn't help. It ran fine for about 10 minutes before starting to clip. Still tempted to sell the head unit, amps, factory sub box and the good speakers and just finish this thing off. Of course I didn't really give the factory box a good chance since I just shoe horned a Pyle DVC in there and tried it.

Oh and a friendly tip. I put some very light dry lube on the clips on that cover for the sub. It pops off like a champ now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kingjason2006; 12-09-2019 at 02:41 PM.