Thread: NavCoder stopped talking to my car

My Cars
    '01 740i, '99 528iT

NavCoder stopped talking to my car

I have a 2001 BMW 740i on which I have successfully used NavCoder in the past, to code navigation, TCU, and radio. However, NavCoder no longer communicates with any device on my car. I always receive the following message:

• “No response from device (timeout)”

This message appears even though NavCoder is receiving other bus data from the car. See attached image and log file snippet.

I'm using the most recent version of NavCoder, and run it on the same machine and Resler interface I always use.

(PS: I submitted this question to the NavCoder author as well...awaiting response and seeking other input too.)

screenshot.jpg

log_file_snippet.jpg

Frankie
    Texas, USA
    frankies-bmw.com

My Cars
    '01 740i, '99 528iT

Follow-up

To close this thread:

I discovered at least one problem: I was using NavCoder with ignition key in position 1 (accessory) instead of position two (ignition on).

The NavCoder author also responded to my inquiry and suggested I check connections on the Resler interface, and look for a faulty ground. I did so, but found nothing unusual. Then, I used a different USB port on my laptop (with ignition on), in hopes that it might provide a better connection.

I'm not sure if both changes made the difference together, but NavCoder is working successfully again.

Frankie
    Texas, USA
    frankies-bmw.com