Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E36 turbo SXS

My Cars
    1998 e36
    I bought some suspension seats being that this is going off road. The new seats are quite a bit bigger than the fiberglass ones I used to mock up some detentions with. so I shortened the shifter and had to re figure some of the upper cage and some of the side to make enough room.

- - - Updated - - -

sky1.jpgsky2.jpgsky3.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I moved the cage higher and further back.
    sky4.jpg
    Last edited by Skyler97; 04-15-2020 at 12:52 AM.

My Cars
    1998 e36
    I was able to repurpose some of the cage up front to be a firewall.
    sky5.jpgsky6.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

This is where I had to remove some of the side to allow the seats to sit in the proper location. I will fix this later.
    sky7.jpg

My Cars
    1998 e36
    sky1.jpgsky2.jpgsky3.jpgsky4.jpgsky5.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

working on some electrical and still figuring out what I want to do with the gas tank.

My Cars
    1998 e36
    sky6.jpgsky7.jpgsky8.jpg

A few more pictures of the chassis and some of the fuel equipment, might change it later and/or move the filter.

My Cars
    none
    Pretty cool idea. The turbo is extremely small tho, it's going to choke the motor. Get something that will flow 50lbs/min so it's in the fat at 30.

My Cars
    1998 e36
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby Colbs View Post
    Pretty cool idea. The turbo is extremely small tho, it's going to choke the motor. Get something that will flow 50lbs/min so it's in the fat at 30.
    Yeah with all the feedback I’m kind of leaning toward a GT 3582r but not sure yet. I need to get the electrical back together and running so I’m going to temporarily make a short muffler out the side for now.

My Cars
    1998 e36
    made some 321ss parts
    sky1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

sky2.jpgsky3.jpg
    Last edited by Skyler97; 11-17-2020 at 01:15 AM.

My Cars
    1998 e36
    Installed new bushings for the shifter and made a mount that accepts the rear OEM bushing as well. Also made a battery tray, not sure that i'm 100% happy with it, so i will just leave it for now and get back to it later.
    sky4.jpgsky5.jpg

My Cars
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyler97 View Post
    Yeah with all the feedback I’m kind of leaning toward a GT 3582r but not sure yet. I need to get the electrical back together and running so I’m going to temporarily make a short muffler out the side for now.
    Depends what you want to do and how you want to do it honestly.

My Cars
    1998 e36
    Depends what you want to do and how you want to do it honestly.

Well to be honest, I was first thinking of using the turbos I already have. I wanted at least 300hp but the more I thought about it, I figured I might as well just go for more if I’m going to buy a bigger turbo.

I think I would like to get around 500-550hp I’m thinking e85 with a gt35r might get me there, but I don’t really know.

My Cars
    none
    Well to be honest, I was first thinking of using the turbos I already have. I wanted at least 300hp but the more I thought about it, I figured I might as well just go for more if I’m going to buy a bigger turbo.

I think I would like to get around 500-550hp I’m thinking e85 with a gt35r might get me there, but I don’t really know.
    It is definitely better on the budget to set it up once with the right unit. I think you would be very well suited with a Billet 6268. Depending on how you setup the suspension a 6274 will help control the "hit" in the midrange. Will come on a tad softer, but hold the power better to redline. This will be better in a traction limited setup. I honestly don't think you need that aspect of it however, it is easier on the rods, and better efficiency helping the VE up top. Both turbos will get you there no doubt and they can be rebuilt at home with less than $100 in parts if you ever have a mishap. They are very tough and we never have had a failure to date. They are considered budget units but it is a premium product.

Whatever you do, this thing will be rad. Happy to assist you further if needed, just shoot me a message here or on Instagram.

My Cars
    1998 e36
    It is definitely better on the budget to set it up once with the right unit. I think you would be very well suited with a Billet 6268. Depending on how you setup the suspension a 6274 will help control the "hit" in the midrange. Will come on a tad softer, but hold the power better to redline. This will be better in a traction limited setup. I honestly don't think you need that aspect of it however, it is easier on the rods, and better efficiency helping the VE up top. Both turbos will get you there no doubt and they can be rebuilt at home with less than $100 in parts if you ever have a mishap. They are very tough and we never have had a failure to date. They are considered budget units but it is a premium product.

Whatever you do, this thing will be rad. Happy to assist you further if needed, just shoot me a message here or on Instagram.
    Absolutely, thanks for your input. I don’t know much about turbos, that’s why I posted the build here. Who sells the ones you are talking about and Should These have certain housings? And you think the 6274 will be best for my application with the spec’s I have listed on page one?

Also when I was looking for 300hp I was advised to just stick with my M52 manifold. Being that I’m now looking for 500-550 Would it be even better with the m50 manifold for this power level?

My Cars
    none
    Absolutely, thanks for your input. I don’t know much about turbos, that’s why I posted the build here. Who sells the ones you are talking about and Should These have certain housings? And you think the 6274 will be best for my application with the spec’s I have listed on page one?

Also when I was looking for 300hp I was advised to just stick with my M52 manifold. Being that I’m now looking for 500-550 Would it be even better with the m50 manifold for this power level?
    The M50 manifold is absolutely the way to go. Let's get into more detail, instead of turning this thread into a turbo discussion, let me send you a pm.

My Cars
    none
    This thing is going to be sick! In for updates.

My Cars
    1998 e36
    sky 1.jpgsky2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Here I'm using some straps to keep everything square.

- - - Updated - - -

Working on a firewall template

- - - Updated - - -

sky3.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

sky5.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

sky4.jpg
    Last edited by Skyler97; 01-16-2021 at 03:33 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12