Thread: Any new software like INPA/DIS??

My Cars
    BMW 6spd 550i w Sport Pk

Any new software like INPA/DIS??

been out of the loop for quite some time. Now Im having some issues with my E60 550i and would like to run some diagnostics. Inpa/DIS stopped working on my pc two years ago and I wanna know if there are other programs out there before I go to war with laptop. Suggestions??

My Cars
    e60 530i 2006 MysticBlue
    Hi Big Chaze

You can dowload laterst Inpa version from BimmerGeeks, but now almost everybody use ISTA-D for diagnosis or ISTA-P for programming; those also you can dowload from mentioned website.
    If my answers help you to FIX your problems with car, you can always donate me using PayPal :

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...MNN&source=url

My Cars
    E87 120d M-Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Chaze View Post
    Inpa/DIS stopped working on my pc two years ago and I wanna know if there are other programs out there before I go to war with laptop. Suggestions??
    It depends entirely on what you want to do and what you're looking for from a software package?

"BMW Scanner" by P.A. Soft is a good piece of kit for your E60, but the company appears to have ceased trading and genuine hardware is difficult to find. Chinese copies vary in quality, making purchasing rather a gamble. All the secret passwords for the special functions are stored within the interface hardware itself, and if the Chinese copies aren't reverse engineered correctly, you'll never get these functions to work.

"BMW Commander" by Abrites is excellent, but requires the AVDI multiplexing interface and a rolling licence subscription. I have it and the basic DTC reading, servicing and resetting functions are comprehensive, due to it being reverse engineered correctly from BMW Group's own dealer and engineering software tools. Unfortunately, the initial purchase price, and the purchase prices of the additional encoding and flash-programming add-ons are very expensive. Again, Chinese copies are available, but the quality appears patchy.

ISTA, and the associated stand-alone Rheingold, are currently very popular and are good pieces of kit, when compared to DIS and Progman. I currently run IPSI Next on the original ISIS twin Siemens RX300 S3 platforms, which incorporates ISTA, ISTA-P and ISTA-SDP. Like I said, it is good but is very computer resource heavy and a steep learning curve. I usually just use it for unattended encoding and flash-programming updates.

I'm still a big fan of Ediabas and the associated INPA, NCS, WinKFP, NFS and Tool Set software tools. They can be tricky to master, but with patience and perseverance it's possible. For fast diagnostics and encoding on an E-chassis BMW, they're still the best in my opinion.

If you've got anymore questions, I'd be happy to try and answer them.
    Last edited by FAL; 11-26-2019 at 03:53 AM.