Thread: Coded my 2011 535i xDrive

My Cars
    1996 740iL

Coded my 2011 535i xDrive

I bought the BimmerCode app to change some settings on my i3 and figured I might as well see what I might be able to do on my 2011 535i xDrive. Turns out that there were a couple of things:

I've always thought it was dumb that "Vehicle Info" only showed green for proper tire pressure, but didn't actually show the pressure. Found a setting for that and now it shows both the pressure and temp for each tire.

I found that I could activate a digital speedometer. Not sure why that wasn't activated from the factory!

Lots of other stuff in there but these are the only 2 that caught my interest.

My Cars
    07 Tundra, 02 530 14 x5
    Nice. Must be easy using BimmerCode. I’ve been using esys to code mine. A bit difficult as it’s in German.
    2002 525i

My Cars
    1996 740iL
    Yeah, BimmerCode is a piece of cake. Much easier than the AlphaOBD app that I use to code my Ram truck. But I don't think I'd get very far at all with an app that is in German!

My Cars
    15 650ix GC & 14 X5 50i
    Quote Originally Posted by fisher99 View Post
    I bought the BimmerCode app to change some settings on my i3 and figured I might as well see what I might be able to do on my 2011 535i xDrive. Turns out that there were a couple of things:

I've always thought it was dumb that "Vehicle Info" only showed green for proper tire pressure, but didn't actually show the pressure. Found a setting for that and now it shows both the pressure and temp for each tire.

I found that I could activate a digital speedometer. Not sure why that wasn't activated from the factory!

Lots of other stuff in there but these are the only 2 that caught my interest.
    Wow...you have simple demands...out of all the things to play around with...you only found two things that you changed?

If you read some of the other coding threads...I would probably say that comfort closing of the windows/sunroof & folding the mirrors using the remote and CA (if you have that option) is usually on the list...as well as canceling some of the warnings (PDC, Nav, etc).

Then you have the lighting fanatics that need brighter corona rings (I don't get this but...hey, its their thing) and brighter ambient lighting.

I did some of the comfort closing things...but one thing I got a lot more out of than what I thought I'd like is the sport display. I figured it be just a passing fancy...but I liked watching it so much, that I've also programmed it to one of my 8 programmable buttons so that I can quickly pull it up without having to delve into multiple iDrive screens:

I also added the rear tail lights to illuminate and lengthen the time interval of the Welcome Lights. When parked in a dark lot...its nice to have the additional light to drop my bag off in the trunk and the welcome lights are still illuminated by the time I get around to the door to enter the car (I raised the time interval to 60 seconds).

I also changed the temp of the heated seats when in their lowest and middle settings....and coded the IHKA to remember the last setting for up to 24 hours. This also keeps the seat heaters on if I had them on prior to shut down. I don't have to turn them back on if I'm running errands or its a long cold spell.

There's other things I coded...but forget...there were so many little personal changes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

2015 650ix GC (Moonstone/Cohiba Brown) <<~>> 2014 X5 50i (Space Gray/Mocha)

My Cars
    1996 740iL
    Actually, the auto-folding of the mirrors is what I originally wanted to do. I just did that on my i3 and so thought I'd do it on the wife's 535 as well. However, the 535 doesn't have Comfort Access and the only auto-fold option I found was related to Comfort Access. I turned it on anyway, thinking that it might work when locking/unlocking with the remote (as the i3 does) but it doesn't work.

But yeah, you're right. There were a ton of things that could be changed but my needs are/were fairly simple.

My Cars
    15 650ix GC & 14 X5 50i
    ... There were a ton of things that could be changed but my needs are/were fairly simple.
    There's nothing wrong with that...in fact it shows strength of conviction and restraint...as well as a man not given to whimsy, fads, or crowd/peer pressure.
    Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

My Cars
    2011 535i XDrive
    Like the coded sport display got do that to mines been looking for that!

My Cars
    1996 740iL
    Quote Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
    There's nothing wrong with that...in fact it shows strength of conviction and restraint...as well as a man not given to whimsy, fads, or crowd/peer pressure.
    Ok, I caved in and used BimmerCode to turn on the Sport Display. However, I can't get it to read in HP and Torque (reads metric). When I use iDrive, Settings, and Language/Units, I see the option to change the Sport Display units to HP or Torque, but when I select it, it doesn't stick. I went back into BimmerCode to see if I could find a setting to force HP and Torque, but can't find anything. Any suggestions?

My Cars
    15 650ix GC & 14 X5 50i
    Ok, I caved in and used BimmerCode to turn on the Sport Display. However, I can't get it to read in HP and Torque (reads metric). When I use iDrive, Settings, and Language/Units, I see the option to change the Sport Display units to HP or Torque, but when I select it, it doesn't stick.

I went back into BimmerCode to see if I could find a setting to force HP and Torque, but can't find anything. Any suggestions?
    When you go into Bimmercode...do you see any notation in the sport display option screen (where you can make active or not active) that indicates that this feature "may not work as intended in all cars, depending on engine"?

My Cars
    1996 740iL
    Quote Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
    When you go into Bimmercode...do you see any notation in the sport display option screen (where you can make active or not active) that indicates that this feature "may not work as intended in all cars, depending on engine"?
    Hmmm... I don't think I saw that notation when I activated the sport display, but I would have to check again to be sure. In any case, I now have the displays, but they show metric rather than HP and torque. But I guess it is what it is. Not a big problem as it's my wife's car and I rarely drive it, so the screen will likely never get used anway.