So sometime after the production of my vehicle, BMW decided to change the design of the Windshield Washer Reservior and the Filler Pipe that connects to it. They stopped producing the old part and while the part number is the same 61-66-7-213-278, the new part won't fit the old reservoir and stay connected. BMW's recommended solution is to also replace the Washer Reservior, which looks like a major undertaking - possibly requiring the removal of the front fender. So I decided to alter the new part to fit. I cut off the last half inch of the old pipe and glued it over the end of the new pipe. It takes a little force to put in place but it will fit. I glued it using Loctite Plastics Bonding System, a two part adhesive that works on hard to bond plastics such as polypropylene and polyethylene which are typically found under the hood of a car. I think this solution will work and save me a ton of money so I thought I'd share. Here's a pic of the old pipe with the end cut off and the new pipe with the modification.

Filler Pipe.jpg

1999 323iC
2011 X3 xDrive35i