I thought I'd post my car for sale in the forced induction subforum because you guys who frequent this section might have some interest. I'm currently selling the car locally but I would prefer it goes to someone here, and I'm more than happy to be accommodating to out of state buyers. If I can't find a buyer I do plan on parting the car out, so feel free to also reach out to me about individual parts or combinations.

The car is a 95 325is coupe that has been swapped pretty much fully from a 97 M3 donor car. Engine, trans, brakes, subframes, etc. The chassis has unknown mileage, I'd venture to guess around 160-200k, and the donor m3 had about 120k at the time of the swap. The drivetrain is solid while the body is pretty beat and that's really the main rub with this car and a large factor in the pricing.

To start I did not build this car myself, I bought it already built by the previous owner a little over one year ago. The price was right and I took the risk buying a car built by someone I didn't know, and I actually used it as a daily driver throughout a record cold Chicago winter and through this year to the present day. I view the car as extremely reliable, it hasn't skipped a beat, failed to start, or had a failure other than a stuck caliper in the entirety of my ownership. The car is said to have a motor that has been rebuilt to stock with cryo treated stock rods and full ARP hardware around summer 2017. I do not have pictures or receipts of the motor build but my best guess is that this is actually true, the car runs extremely well, sounds healthy, and when looking at the head without the valve cover on it looks pretty much brand new. If this is the case then there are about 18k miles on the motor since the rebuild. compression test shows 150PSI (lower comp. headgasket) on all 6 cylinders.

The car has a technique tuning stage 2 turbo kit, garrett t04e 60-1, crank driven scavenge pump. Full custom 3 inch exhaust with V-bands, resonator and muffler. The quality of the exhaust is top notch, tucked up nicely to the car with great fitment. The s52 has been converted to OBD1, m50 manifold, red label DME with a TRM chip and tune. The turbo kit is largely as it was from new, with the addition of a Greddy EBC and the scavenge pump setup.

Here's a short parts rundown:

OBD1 converted S52/M50 manifold
Technique tuning stage 2 turbo kit
413 DME w/ TRM turbo tune
3 inch exhaust
Tial external wastegate recirculated
custom catch can set up
crank driven scavenge pump
PWR aluminum radiator (expensive radiator new)

ZF 5 speed
shift detent kit done
z3 shifter rod/DSSR
Spec stage 3 clutch with lightweight flywheel (very streetable)
3.38 LSD

Koni yellows/H&R sport springs
325is sway bars (25mm front)
Z3 steering rack
Delrin offset front control arm bushings
stock 97 m3 top hats swapped for additional negative camber

Some things to note about the car:
The car is fast, fun, making an estimated 420whp on 13 psi as per the norm with the technique tuning stage 2 kit, and reliable. No boost leaks, no weird driveability stuff. The car feels extremely stock until you're in boost. The BOV that originally came with the turbo kit got stuck closed and I could not service it so I added a DSM blow off valve that works fine but it's not recirculated and will need to be with the MAF. I will be doing that soon. The only problem I've had with the car the whole time I've owned it is oil slightly getting past the valve cover. I added the crankcase breather system to hopefully fix the problem, and it alleviated it but didn't fully fix it. I believe the problem to be with the scavenge pump setup. The accumulator tank is vented to the front vanos bolt on the motor, but the line is overly long, as well as the oil feed line to the turbo being overly long, running back around the motor in an attempt to avoid the exhaust manifold. The accumulator tank is also positioned in a sort of sideways manner, and I'm assuming these things together are causing the problem. I am slightly poking in the dark with the problem though, and I would think someone with some experience might be able to fix this small issue quickly.

Cosmetically the car has exterior rust issues. The lower trunk panel, left quarter panel, both doors have a rust spot, and the jack points are all starting to rust, although still useable by all means. The car has various small scratches and scuffs, a cracked windshield, and varying amounts of curb rash on all 4 wheels. There is no head unit, although the wiring and speakers are still there, and the door cards are off because they are missing the top interior plastic piece that allows them to mount on the metal tabs on the top of the door. I redid the headliner recently as well as put new recline gears in both seat motors.

My original plan with the car was to swap everything to a nice E36/E34/E30 chassis, but I'm ditching the project as I have a track car that needs attention and a desire to move to a daily driver that can also be used as a tow vehicle. I'm more than happy to answer any questions or take more pictures. This car is fully capable of driving back to your house 12 hours away if you can handle being at 4500 RPM at 85 or so with the short ratio diff and no radio.

I'm asking 6.5k, open to trades of similar or greater value (hey who knows you might prefer this to your S2000) especially looking for first generation sequoias.
Located in Chicago.