Thread: OEM Factory Installed High Arch Spoiler w/ Light-bar for Coupes (Cosmos Black)

My Cars
    '97 BMW M3/2/5

OEM Factory Installed High Arch Spoiler w/ Light-bar for Coupes (Cosmos Black)

SOLD

For sale is my OEM factory installed high arch spoiler off of my '97 M3 Coupe (no third brake light in rear window). This is meant to fit coupes, the coupe and sedan models are different widths. This comes with the light-bar that works just fine. I replaced all the bulbs about 3 years ago. However, I was lazy and still needed to retain the third brake light wiring, so I cut the wires to the third brake light when removing it. I pulled the harness out a bit through the underside of the wing to get enough wire to stick out so it's easy to extend it. Once you extend the wire you can just slide some of the harness back through the wing about 3" so the plug will reach the light bar again, it slides easily through the wing.

The paint is pretty meh. I hope the pictures show what I mean. Up close in the sun light you can see the haziness and there are a few knicks on the clear coat, but none peeling or anything like that. Could really use a claybar and polish. There is a stain from sap I couldn't get off from like 10 years ago which is the largest blemish.

I wasn't careful enough and chipped some of the paint off the underside of the base when removing. There are a few places where it chipped off to the metal. I will outline these spots in the pictures, but structurally speaking, it is perfect and all 4 mounting holes are in great shape. Just needs some cosmetic touch up on the underside.

Here is a picture album: https://imgur.com/a/EQQyS7S. Let me know if you have any questions.

SOLD
    Last edited by Carpy2; 03-07-2020 at 11:47 PM. Reason: lowered price
    Feel free to ask about my car:

TRM Coilovers 560f/784r | Epic Motorsports Tune | Apex Arc-8 17x9.5 et35 | Wilwood SL-4 BBK
    M50 Manifold | ASC Delete | Dinan BBTB | Fan Delete | Power Pulleys | Dinan CAI |
    S54 Oil Cooler
    Z3 Rack | Crossbrace | 3.38 LSD | Dinan Strut Tower Brace | AKG Chassis Mount Shifter
    SS Long Tubes | SS Race Exhaust |
    LTW Replica Wing | MM Underpanel | CF Sunroof Delete
    OE GT Front Splitter | Rear Rollbar | Rear Seat Delete | BW Fuel Starvation | Turtle Labs Door Panels
    And Really Old Paint

Check out my YouTube channel for more DIY's and videos about my E36 M3

My Cars
    97 M3
    Ugh never see these in white...GLWS
    '97 M3/2/5 Lux, AW/Modena, ~225k, many mods and lots of grip
    Please lift when giving a point by

My Cars
    '97 BMW M3/2/5
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoody View Post
    Thanks, hope a white one pops up for ya soon :P

Here are a few other shots from the rear, and of it resting on my car for reference. Pretty bad photo quality, sorry about that.

https://imgur.com/a/y50H2Zt

TRM Coilovers 560f/784r | Epic Motorsports Tune | Apex Arc-8 17x9.5 et35 | Wilwood SL-4 BBK
    M50 Manifold | ASC Delete | Dinan BBTB | Fan Delete | Power Pulleys | Dinan CAI |
    S54 Oil Cooler
    Z3 Rack | Crossbrace | 3.38 LSD | Dinan Strut Tower Brace | AKG Chassis Mount Shifter
    OE GT Front Splitter | Rear Rollbar | Rear Seat Delete | BW Fuel Starvation | Turtle Labs Door Panels
    And Really Old Paint

My Cars
    E36 1998 M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoody View Post
    Been looking for an OEM alpine high arch for a year now...Thinking of just repainting at this point

My Cars
    '97 BMW M3/2/5
    Bump, price drop -- $150 local near Denver, or $200 shipped.

S54 Oil Cooler
    And Really Old Paint

My Cars
    '97 BMW M3/2/5
    bump

S54 Oil Cooler
    And Really Old Paint

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 Coupe
    Do you happen to have the hardware to mount it still?
    Last edited by JasonGM3; 03-05-2020 at 10:40 AM.

My Cars
    '97 BMW M3/2/5
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonGM3 View Post
    Do you happen to have the hardware to mount it still?
    I have the hardware and will include it. Here's an imgur link to a picture. They appear to just be standard M5 bolts with a crosshead pattern. One or two of the bolt heads, being crossheaded, are a little hairy, but are still totally usable -- the double sided tape does the heavy lifting, these are just a security. That being said my recommendation would be to replace these with some hex or torx head M5 bolts for easier installation.

S54 Oil Cooler
    And Really Old Paint

My Cars
    95' M3,
    Pm'ed

My Cars
    '97 BMW M3/2/5
    Quote Originally Posted by cfletch13 View Post
    Pm'ed
    Replied, thanks.

S54 Oil Cooler
    And Really Old Paint

My Cars
    '97 BMW M3/2/5
    Sold. Thanks everyone.

S54 Oil Cooler
    And Really Old Paint