Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

Thread: Stepping up my Detail game.

My Cars
    97 M3, 2-97 328is

Stepping up my Detail game.

I use to be a detailer at a colllision shop and a car lot. Nothing to extensive but learned the basics.

Since then I've always use a two bucket system, have a pressure washer and foam gun and everything that comes with that level of detailing.

I just got my Cosmos M3 about 5-6 months ago. it was baddly weathered and was stored under a tarp/car cover for a year.

The whole car was repainted about 5-6 years ago but because of how it was stored its got minor scratches, rub marks and what not.
    I had the exterior fully detailed and it came out almost flawless. after a few weeks and a couple washes the ultra shine went away.
    Cleans up real nice but not on the same level. So I was hoping to learn how to do it and be able to polish and refresh it ever 3-4 months

Just picked up my Griots 6 inch orbital polisher from a buddy for a good price, brand new he just never used it.

I've been watching how to and what not for the last 2 months and this was the big purchase i needed to dive in even more.

From here is products and pads. Looking to see if anyone can suggest another forum/group to read up and learn from.

Looking to see what you buy and why and what you stay away from and why. As always looking for the best bang for the buck but know quality follows money.

Hoping in the end to learn to cut and buff fully.

Any tip tricks and money savers always welcome. Thanks guys.
    Need graphic design work? LookAtMeSmile.com

Quote Originally Posted by cr2596 View Post
    Yup. A differnt time for the forum. The great threads get 12 replies. Shit threads get 12 pages.

My Cars
    99 M Coupe
    I'd start simple and work up from there.
    You already have the Griots polisher. I'd start with the BOSS system: their Correcting cream with their correcting pads. Then their Perfecting cream with their Perfecting pads.
    The Boss system takes the mystery out of the equation for those new to polishing and the results mirror (ok, I'm smiling a bit at that clever pun) other compounds and polishes from the best providers.
    So, start there with a bit of reading,

My Cars
    04 E46 M3
    You know about ceramic coat right? after you detail it, ceramic coat it, and you will only ever have to rinse off the car for about a year.

My Cars
    97 M3, 2-97 328is
    Awesome thanks guys, Wondering what chemicals you use? Adams? Chemical Guys? Griots?

Any preferences or stay aways.
    Need graphic design work? LookAtMeSmile.com

Quote Originally Posted by cr2596 View Post
    Yup. A differnt time for the forum. The great threads get 12 replies. Shit threads get 12 pages.

My Cars
    03 zhp, 97 e36m3, 04 zhp
    I am a big fan of Meguiar's m105/m205 pairing for many jobs I do, but they have a new product by now called M110/M210. Meguiars has a great resource Meguiarsonline + many videos on youtube.

My Cars
    07 CX-7
    www.autopia.net for all your detailing needs.

www.autogeek.net for supplies.

if you have no budget step up to Rupes polisher/dual action buffer...your GG is a good beginner tool.

I also like m105 but it does dust a lot and I also like their cutting and finishing microfiber pads.

my go to stuff is from OPT (optimum polymer technology) since I like to do rinseless car washes-

My Cars
    02/330ci
    Looks like you have some talent and know how----that's the first. Anyone not afraid to put in some elbow grease will be just fine. For the money, I am partial to Surf City Garage products......take a look on line. Everything from the basics to ceramic products at a costs you cannot beat. After 40 years of messing around with all kinds of products, I've landed solely on Surf City Garage products----the price can't be beat along with the quality and testimonies..Good luck!
    ]