Thread: Electric mirrors not working

My Cars
    e34 525i

Electric mirrors not working

Help!

Replaced electric seats with memory for manual M seats and now the mirrors wont move. Are they related in some way? I think the memory adjust mirror position aswell but I am not sure.

Anyway, I would like some suggestion as what to do now. Should I look for a normal mirror installation and swap it for mine or maybe just splice some wires and be fine with it. I wanted to swap PRE restyling mirrors for my restyling (I like the old ones better) and the old ones have 4 wires (brown white black and blue) and the restyling has a ton of them with many different colors. None of them are the same between mirrors. I guess the new ones are heated or something I dont know.

Any idea? Maybe some wiring diagrams or something? Help!

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    Yes, see ETK, the SMM is responsible for seat and mirror control, the wiring loom for the mirrors is different and also the mirror switch is different, the SMM mirrors have more wires.
    wiring diagrams are here http://shark.armchair.mb.ca/~dave/BMW/e34/
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    question to the SMM wizzards, I got this PM, maybe someone knows the answer: I have a 1992 730i that originally it had memory seats (SMM). However these seats were replaced with normal electric buffalo seats and the mirrors don't work.
    Which wires under the seat would i need to jump to make them work?

My Cars
    e34 525i
    Quote Originally Posted by shogun View Post
    question to the SMM wizzards, I got this PM, maybe someone knows the answer: I have a 1992 730i that originally it had memory seats (SMM). However these seats were replaced with normal electric buffalo seats and the mirrors don't work.
    Which wires under the seat would i need to jump to make them work?
    I would like to know that answer aswell. The best thing I can do right now is just try to check for continuity and maybe leave the switch engaged and try to power the wires until it moves.
    But I would prefer to just swap to the standard electric mirrors and done. I dont like to have unplugged wires around doing nothing. And I am gonna keep the manual M seats as they are lighter. I have a donor car to do so but I have too many fronts opened right now so I will do in the future. As soon as I know I will post the results.
    Last edited by 4dri4n; 03-03-2020 at 05:11 AM.

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    But then you would also need besides the electric mirrors (electric, non SMM) new wire looms for the mirrors and a new mirror switch, because the wiring loom for the SMM version has more wires than the standard electric mirrors.