Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brake bleeding

My Cars
    1999 BMW Z3 Coupe 2.8
    Quote Originally Posted by nevan View Post
    One tip I can offer is to have a fluid testor runing while bleeding so you know when new fluid is starting to bleed out through the nozzle. - It isn't necessary since you can tell by looking at the color of the fluid but a good assurance.
    Yes sir good thought. Was not aware that that those existed, but as you say, the fluid looks clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1999 BMW Z3 Coupe 2.8
    Quote Originally Posted by rf900rkw View Post
    Engine off is what matters, and you have too much travel. Could maybe be a chunk of air that is outsmarting you. Or it could be mechanical. Misalignment, caliper piston pull-back, spongy uncured pads...

It's been many years since I tried Alkebono pads on my personal car. After 200 miles I threw them in the trash. I don't remember the details and they weren't the only brand to hit the trash. But it was a feel thing. I did a lot of trial and have come to the conclusion that there is not a low-dust pad that meets my requirements. Feel, sponginess, non-linear apply, or a lack of capacity, they all did something wrong.
    Good info. Many thanks, sir.

The calipers, disks, hoses, and pads are new.

Planning to give it one more go.

One thing that I’m not sure on is what the “press brake 80%” means in inpa when bleeding the brakes. Not sure I’m getting the “80%” right.

My Cars
    1999 BMW Z3 Coupe 2.8
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    Agreed on the pad compounds. It seems to be low dust or feel, never both. I prefer feel and like the initial bite from OE compounds. Ive never been in a car with low dust pads where I found the brakes to be even acceptable. That initial low braking force feels awful to me
    Thanks for the feedback BB. Gonna give them a few months and see how they do...

Might get used to them especially if I can get the peddle travel down.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12