Thread: Im back in a bimmer!

My Cars
    BMW 325is

Im back in a bimmer!

Hello everyone!
    So about 4-5 years ago, I ended up selling my '92 325is. It was a sad day to see it go. But now, im officially back in a BMW! Im going to pick up a '95 325is tomorrow afternoon. Ill post pics as soon as I can tomorrow. But my real reason form making this thread was a question. Now before you bash me, I have searched and couldnt come up with the answer I was looking for. Whats the best place to get the items I cant get at DDM tuning, such as side skirts, front grills, ect at the best price and quality? When I had mine DDM was the place to go, it still is for bumpers mirrors and lights, but I cant find those certain item on the site anymore. Thanks guys! I appreciate any help.
    Last edited by NE gymnast; 04-26-2012 at 10:22 PM.

My Cars
    '91 318is, '99 M3
    I've heard nothing but good reviews/had good service with bavarian autosport, pelican parts, ecs tuning, understeer.com, etc. and I believe everything you mentioned can be had at at least one of these sites. DDM is still a fantastic place as well. Post pics of the new ride when you can!

My Cars
    89 325is, 84 320i
    hey your in nebraska to i only know of one other person in nebraska where did you find the car
    1989 325is new DD
    1996 328i slushbox (daily driver)sold
    1984 320i euro (project/build, build thread below)
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...5#post27290455

My Cars
    97 M3, 95 318ti
    Quote Originally Posted by m42b18 View Post
    I've heard nothing but good reviews/had good service with bavarian autosport, pelican parts, ecs tuning, understeer.com, etc. and I believe everything you mentioned can be had at at least one of these sites. DDM is still a fantastic place as well. Post pics of the new ride when you can!
    all of these are great, welcome back to the free world

My Cars
    BMW 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by m42b18 View Post
    Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by teen ti View Post
    all of these are great, welcome back to the free world
    Yes, thank you. It feels great to be back!

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlackonWhite View Post
    hey your in nebraska to i only know of one other person in nebraska where did you find the car
    lol yea man, if you ever wanna get together and check out each others cars let me know. I dont know anyone else here that are into bimmers. But I found it in Glenwood, IA. Just across the river from Plattsmouth.

Here are some pics of the car. Sorry its dirty, had to drive back through the rain lastnight. Its got high miles, and a few very small things wrong with it but i feel its a great starting platform, and i got it for only $2600. As soon as updates come ill share em with y'all. Feel free to comment and throw out some ideas! thanks guys!

My Cars
    89 325is, 84 320i
    thats a good loking car
    1989 325is new DD
    1996 328i slushbox (daily driver)sold
    1984 320i euro (project/build, build thread below)
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...5#post27290455

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    Gotta love dove grey. I miss the dove I had in my 325.

Just be aware that DDM is not the same company when you left this forum. They have stopped being a sponsor here and their customer service has fallen through the floor. According to the owner who posted here saying he was no longer going to be a sponsor....they are moving away from BMW and going in "another direction". They may have improved things lately but until I hear otherwise I assume they have the same lousy customer service they had for the last couple years. The whole thing left a very bad taste in my mouth and lots of others too.

Be warned, be careful. Lots of other companies you can do business with that offer top notch service and good prices.

My Cars
    99 M3 Vert
    Nice looking machine you got there! How much it set you back?

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    Me? haha $2000. Ive put about $750 into it mostly to get the top working correctly. I'm about to swap out the auto tranny and put in a 5 speed. I miss my 5 speed soooo much. If the weather would warm up a bit more I'd have it done already. The swap will end up costing about $200-300. I found a parts car to get most of the items needed and I ended up selling enough parts off it to pay for the car and some of the swap. The nicest part is I sold my 325 for $3000 15 minutes after I paid $2000 for this one.

Deals are out there if you search.

My Cars
    BMW 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by flyfishvt View Post
    Gotta love dove grey. I miss the dove I had in my 325.

Just be aware that DDM is not the same company when you left this forum. They have stopped being a sponsor here and their customer service has fallen through the floor. According to the owner who posted here saying he was no longer going to be a sponsor....they are moving away from BMW and going in "another direction". They may have improved things lately but until I hear otherwise I assume they have the same lousy customer service they had for the last couple years. The whole thing left a very bad taste in my mouth and lots of others too.

Be warned, be careful. Lots of other companies you can do business with that offer top notch service and good prices.
    Wow, that really sucks to hear! And after all the business the BMW community had given them!? I cant believe they're trying to abandon us like that. Thank you for the warning!