Thread: East TX or Houston area shops

My Cars
    99 M3

East TX or Houston area shops

Good day folks,

I've decided to finally release my garage queen and let her run(99 E36 M3, ~120k miles). However, it's been a life of mild neglect and I want to get her back to her prime and might need a little professional help getting the job done.

What I'm looking to do is a full suspension refresh kit for front and back as well as both a coil over and clutch kit (if needed). On top of that, I'd need a touch up on paint and rims re-chromed. I'm no mechanic, but I've wrenched on different vehicles over the years when needed. As far as what needs to be replaced/refreshed, I'm just taking a shot in the dark based on what I've seen recommend on these forums for a car my age and mileage. It runs and drives fine now, but I figure that if I'm going to start using it as a daily driver, I might as well get it back up to prime condition.

All of that being said, I've wanted to do this for years but due to bouncing around the country for the last decade, I have never known a reliable and reasonable place to do this work. I'm looking for some advice on the best place to go.

Thanks in advance

My Cars
    Two 1989 BMW's e30 325iS
    Why don’t you just drive it around a bit and see what breaks first then replace...then again I’m broke and I drive two beaters e30s and kick ass don’t let me down. lol goodluck though im from the south padre area so can’t advice much just wish you post a pic of the garage queen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    99 M3
    I knew there was some messed up stuff down there, I just didn't know what. Since there were so many miles, I figured a refresh kit was the way to go.

Long story short, after calling several shops in the area...including one that members on the forum here recommend in other areas, I was forced to do the work myself. Apparently, unless the checks are from an insurance company, they won't work on it. Go figure...apparently my money isn't good enough.

The easy part is all done now; car tore apart, front end all replaced, and the rear end prepped and ready to go back together.