Thread: "Bricked" E46 M3 DME fix

My Cars
    2003 BMW M3 Coupe

"Bricked" E46 M3 DME fix

First post so don't hate!
    But recently I was using BMWflash to reflash my dme, I was updating to CSL Tune for SMG.
    Well as I was flashing my tune, i got to about 75% complete, everything was going smoothly!
    As I was flashing, my dumbass decided to kick the obdII cable out of the OBDII Spot, and then the tune stopped. I was freaking out because I thought to myself well shit i just bricked my DME...
    I tried reflashing, but it wouldnt even read the dme. So I tried other software to be able to have my DME Saved. winkfp, INPA, Generic BMW Coding tool, but nothing was reading the dme!
    So after doing a whole lot of research and to little to no avail I was about to pull the trigger and just buy a used DME. Luckily I didn't have to!
    What I ended up doing was purchasing mssflasher as a last hope to see if it could save my dme. I had the stock tune already downloaded from reading the dme in the first place to edit it. Launched MSSFlasher and it read my DME!
    So I loaded the stock tune on the car, and it went through! I nearly jumped out of my pants when the tune completed and I went to start the car and it started right up!
    I wrote this to help anyone else having this issue where they kicked the ODBII cable out, give MSSFlasher a shot, it's $60 but it saved me hundreds not buying a new DME!

My Cars
    05 M3, 98 euro M3, 01 M5
    MSSFlasher is a hugely useful app. Can also reset the flash counter, and can write tune files super fast-- both of which are hugely useful when you're tuning the car.