Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

Thread: Opinions on detailing and repair

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3

Question Opinions on detailing and repair

I've inherited (or will have, as soon as the title is transferred) a 1999 M3 convertible. I've been cleaning it up and had the emissions control system worked on. It passed. The top was replaced by the deceased owner several years ago, but because he was in poor health, the car sat unused for quite a while and the rear seat bench is in terrible shape due to moisture. It needs to be replaced, as well as the car being cleaned well. My question is; is it worth it to have the rear seats replaced? I don't plan to keep the car because I simply don't have room for it, so I'll sell it, but I don't want to give it away. It's a nice car and mechanically sound, but I don't know how much to put into it. It has 74,790 miles.

My Cars
    99 M Coupe
    A couple of reasonable suggestions:
    - a replacement bench from a 2nd hand/junkyard,
    -a leather restoration kit from one of the many leather companies. Leather World would be an example and you can google it for more info, look for their restoration kits.

A 99 M3 convertible with 74K miles might be a fun car to keep and enjoy for a year or two.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3
    Thanks, Those are indeed, reasonable suggestions. Sadly, the seats are torn and a lot of the material is missing, so the replacement bench is the only option. I've thought about keeping the car, but I'd have to rent a garage for it and I can't justify that expense for a car I might drive a few times during nice weather.

My Cars
    07 CX-7
    see if you can source the parts from a salvage yard and replace the seats then sell

My Cars
    02/330ci
    Agree with above, 74k on a 99 going to be a sweet deal for someone. I've had luck in salvage yards in AZ, not sure about where you live, but very clean and the good part is that it is negotiable. A DIY detail and you'll find a buyer for sure with the mileage. Understand about the room/garage situation.....can get pricey with the toys. Good luck my friend
    ]