Thread: 2008 BMW 750li no sound from radio

My Cars
    BMW 750li

2008 BMW 750li no sound from radio

Hi , my BMW 750LI Audio does not work , the parking sensors and door chime audio all work but when I turn the radio on it just a low static. I did find a penny in the cigarette lighter and it blew the fuses for all the cigarette lighters which I replaced. I am wondering is there a fuse that might have been blown out for the radio ?

My Cars
    2008 BMW 535I Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocvmotors View Post
    Hi , my BMW 750LI Audio does not work , the parking sensors and door chime audio all work but when I turn the radio on it just a low static. I did find a penny in the cigarette lighter and it blew the fuses for all the cigarette lighters which I replaced. I am wondering is there a fuse that might have been blown out for the radio ?
    Did you fix yours?

My Cars
    2002 540i Mtech
    This is highly likely due to a few issues with the Logic 7 AMP in the trunk. Here are known issues - The Capacitors in it go bad. The amplifier chips overheat that sit at the bottom of the board. and cause speakers to cut out..or worst case the logic board is dead and you will hear sound clip in and out repeatedly. In your case based on symptoms it sounds like the first two. Bavtek (do a search on google) has a service to fix it, but it isnt the cheapest. If you try to Ebay a new one, I suggest the cleanest,tested, and recent one you can get. Ebay has repair kits but it requires you to be relatively mechanical and have good soldering skills (which I unfortunately suck at)

Now on to the most complex of issues if you DONT suspect the amp...one of the devices in the chain (it runs on a fiber optic system called MOST) is bad. The only way to figure out which one is to go step by step with a MOST by pass loop back that I think you can get on ebay pretty cheeply (all it does is create a closed loop so that the optical light beam signal passes through). However this means step by step going through each device, unplugging it and testing (not entirely fun but scientifically the best way to eliminate the issue. The other is to use INPA on a laptop and have it give a general sense of which device is bad. Surprisingly for me CARLY was able to tell me).

Hope this helps you. Not having proper "sounds" in a 70k+ vehicle is very annoying, and I just bit the bullet and went through all of the above. Best of luck and hopefully you post back with a fix to yours.
    Last edited by achandra740i; 05-20-2020 at 05:09 PM.

My Cars
    2008 Bmw 750LI
    Is your satellite receiver working? Sirius

My Cars
    2001 525it
    Right if the sat radio module is still hooked up and goes bad it will cause the stereo not to work you remove the sat module and install the optic loop to bypas it

My Cars
    2004 BMW 730d
    Achandra740i is right, here is some literature that may help get the whole idea and maybe find exact the issue https://www.carmanualsonline.info/bm...orkshop-manual