Thread: 2019 Belgian GP

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG

2019 Belgian GP

RIP Anthoine Hubert who died during F2 race

My Cars
    97 M3
    Leclerc owes it to Vettel for holding up Hamilton for as long as he did. Definitely a team player in that regard and by expediting the Leclerc pass. I was hoping for another strong showing by Verstappen, but that turn 1 incident clearly broke the suspension and ruined his day. Probably no major issue there; too many cars and not enough space. Ferrari appears to not have the downforce to get max life out of the tires like Mercedes is able to do.

I think a changing of the guard is happening at Ferrari; Leclerc is clearly able to get more from the car and tires than Vettel. Probably could have done with more wing for today, but this bodes well for them at Monza.
    '97 M3/2/5 Lux, AW/Modena, ~225k, many mods and lots of grip
    Please lift when giving a point by

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    Good race. Ferrari race pace was nowhere. I was surprised they sacrificed Vettel to get the win. I dont see him in red after next year.

Max made a shitty start, then tries late breaking into that tight spot. After his broken suspension, no steering, he kept going towards eau rogue with cars coming at him full speed. Then he got clipped again. Very dangerous from him.

Sucked for Lando, losing drive at the last lap while running 5th. Albon did sort of ok. First stint was stuck in a train of cars, then after pitstop recovered well to 5th. He did overtake Checo off track though, im not sure he should keep that position.

My Cars
    yay
    Does Albon have what it takes? It took him to the last lap to get up to 6th. The 5th place finish was a gift from McLaren. I do give him points for the overtake of Checo, whether he loses it or not. Show's an aggression that Gasly lacked.

Vettel's definitely losing his stuff. Right now I'm betting on Ricciardo replacing him after next season.
    CARS
    02.92 325is / 06.72 2002 / 02.91 XJ / 08.04 R53 JCW

My Cars
    yay
    No further action over Perez, Albon incident

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/p...moned/4527038/
    CARS
    02.92 325is / 06.72 2002 / 02.91 XJ / 08.04 R53 JCW

My Cars
    BMW & Lotus
    Desperate attempt by Max and proves he hasn't fully matured yet. Ruined Kimi's race in the process. Good for Leclerc though, he was the fastest all weekend. Not sure what Renault was thinking leaving Danny Ric out for 43 laps on the same tires.
    '14 Evora S - Chrome Orange/Ebony
    '02 M5 - Carbon Black/Silverstone
    '15 M235i xDrive - Mineral Grey/Black

My Cars
    Panzer Turbo
    I don't understand Max. He's more than quick enough to drive around cars rather than through them.

My Cars
    E34 525i
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart951 View Post
    I don't understand Max. He's more than quick enough to drive around cars rather than through them.
    its about the mindset of "owning" the track because youre that good. Certain drivers did have the personality to do that and get away with it. Max isnt there yet.

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    I don't really blame Max or Kimi for that incident. That's a tough situation. Max had room on the inside, but Kimi didn't know he was there. Max was probably trying to limp it home after that, which is kinda dumb. It wouldn't have changed the result. My guys do this, too, and it never helps.

I think Ferrari's main issue is they can't use the tires nearly as well as Mercedes can. They had pace but it was short-lived.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one?
    Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!