BAVToys

Thread: E46 Headlight Options

My Cars
    1993 525i

E46 Headlight Options

Hello Everyone,

My fiancé and I own a 2003 325i sedan with factory HID headlights. We have been battling some strange headlight issues since we picked it up about 6 months ago. The drivers headlight works, as long as you can get it to turn on, which typically takes several attempts, some prayers, and a blood sacrifice to the lighting god. We have tried replacing the bulbs and ballasts so far with no effect. Next item on the list to replace is the igniter...

Question is, after throwing all of this time and money at these factory headlights, would I be better off just replacing the headlights with aftermarket units? I hate to keep throwing money at one side and have to do this all over again when the passengers light decides to follow suit... I have browsed around for some headlights and found a lot of stuff for Halogen equipped cars, but many (if not all) say they are not compatible with factory HID cars? As far as I can tell there are no aftermarket options for HID cars, unless there is some sort of conversion you can do to make them work?

Thanks in advance for your help!

My Cars
    03 zhp, 97 e36m3, 04 zhp
    Most aftermarket assemblies are garbage, stick to the battle with OEM ones IF they are not ZKW brand.

My Cars
    2006 4runner

e46 headlight options

Quote Originally Posted by e34ric View Post
    Hello Everyone,

My fiancé and I own a 2003 325i sedan with factory HID headlights. We have been battling some strange headlight issues since we picked it up about 6 months ago. The drivers headlight works, as long as you can get it to turn on, which typically takes several attempts, some prayers, and a blood sacrifice to the lighting god. We have tried replacing the bulbs and ballasts so far with no effect. Next item on the list to replace is the igniter...

Question is, after throwing all of this time and money at these factory headlights, would I be better off just replacing the headlights with aftermarket units? I hate to keep throwing money at one side and have to do this all over again when the passengers light decides to follow suit... I have browsed around for some headlights and found a lot of stuff for Halogen equipped cars, but many (if not all) say they are not compatible with factory HID cars? As far as I can tell there are no aftermarket options for HID cars, unless there is some sort of conversion you can do to make them work?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    I have two complete OEM headlight assemblies for your car if interested, has new HID modules installed and ready to go. Part #s are 1 305 621 796 and 1 305 621 795. I have one extra drivers side one also but needs the lens de-glazed. Make an offer on all 3. Just clearing out some old stock.

My Cars
    2006 4runner
    First time using this thread so please excuse me, I have some headlight assemblies with new HID modules installed. Two drivers side, one passenger side. 1 305 621 795 and 1 305 621 796 are the part #s. let me know if you are interested.