Thread: Little inpa diagnostic help please

My Cars
    r53

Little inpa diagnostic help please

Can someone interpret this for me. I have been having a rich at idle condition in my r53 mini for a few weeks. -30 short term fuel trims but holding at 14.7 according to wideband. I know the flag is the dme saying test the unit. I dont know what the pinched line is or what line it is sensing. No idea what the reed switch is either or what a normal chart here should look like.

My Cars
    2003 BMW 530i
    That looks to me to be a fault in the fuel tank evaporation control system. I.e. the system that collects gasoline vapors in a charcoal canister and then feeds the vapor into the engine while it is running. One of the functions is a check that the gas tank system has no leaks to the atmosphere - which this car is apparently failing.

It won't affect fuel trims. But this fault will turn on the check engine light and probably cause a fail if you need an emission test for licencing the car.

You'll probably have more luck in an R53 forum for both the LDP and fuel trim faults.
    Regards
    RDL

My Cars
    r53
    Thanks for the reply. I should have said it says this even when unplugged. And get this if you open and close door or turn on headlights all the switches start freaking out. Wiring is all intact. I am left wondering if the DME is bad

My Cars
    r53
    Quote Originally Posted by Akumazeto View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I should have said it says this even when unplugged. And get this if you open and close door or turn on headlights all the switches start freaking out. Wiring is all intact. I am left wondering if the DME is bad
    Replaced DME synced imbolizer car runs as I suspected but still the same non sense with ldp and all the switches bugging out even when unplugged.

My Cars
    535i
    dont know if this will help but i came across a pdf of how to use inpa complete well written tutorial
    by far the best site ive read on gaining knowlege that precise and to the point no bs
    https://bimmerprofs.com/diagnostics-inpa-part-1/

i did a online diagnosis with the guy at bimmerpros and now i am running like a champ for free he did but im send his a token of my thanx
    Last edited by streetmedic; 09-14-2019 at 02:13 AM.