Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

Thread: Forced to park outside. Reccomendations for preserving paint

My Cars
    2000 BMW 540i M

Forced to park outside. Reccomendations for preserving paint

I'm sadly moving to a house with no garage and am concerned about parking my car outside and the effects that could have on my paint. The car is a 2000 BMW 540i. Paint is in great shape now. I wash it and buff wax in about twice a month depending on the season. Also worth mentioning I just did paint correction on the car and polished the whole thing so it's at a point where I want to seal that clean scratch free paint in.
    I'm wondering if this (wax/sealants) will be enough measure to protect my paint being outside in the heat. Oh it's Texas heat by the way, so >100°F is all too common.
    The driveway has three spots... One under a tree and two in direct light. Should I go for the tree spot and risk contaminates or just keep it out in the heat? I can't afford much at all right now so I'm not sure I could go for ppf or ceramic coating done by a pro just yet.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

My Cars
    97 M3, 2-97 328is
    Need graphic design work? LookAtMeSmile.com

Quote Originally Posted by cr2596 View Post
    Yup. A differnt time for the forum. The great threads get 12 replies. Shit threads get 12 pages.

My Cars
    2002 BMW 530i Sport
    Can't totally answer your question but I will recommend that you switch from wax (assuming you are using a carnauba wax) and go with a synthetic sealant. Your every 2 week waxing routine could then be extended to 3-6 months, depending on the product and the condition of your paint. I like Jescar (formerly Menzerna) PowerLok. The next level above that is ceramic coating, at additional cost.
    Last edited by crazy4trains; 08-21-2019 at 08:04 AM.