Thread: Hatch handle cover

My Cars
    '99 E39 M5T

Hatch handle cover

Has anyone replaced theirs? Mine is broken, and I've been searching high and low for the step to RnR it.

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagon727 View Post
    Has anyone replaced theirs? Mine is broken, and I've been searching high and low for the step to RnR it.
    C’mon man, open up the tailgate by pulling the inner panel off. There’s gonna be either 8mm or 10mm nuts to remove, unplug the harness and replace the switch.

What would you guys do if you had no internet??? There was a time when there wasn’t, and we still managed to figure things out on our own. Sometimes, I feel that all this available help and information is making the human race dumb and dumber. Don’t take offense to this, what I’m saying is, I’m sure that you have more than enough brain cell capacity to not be afraid and dive into a project, figure things out, fix it and stand tall, and feel good about yourselves.
    Set the controls for the heart of the sun

My Cars
    '99 E39 M5T
    Mwahahaha... Love it. Just trying to save myself from doing the one thing I do best.... Break shyte. I don't mind spending the money on it, but I do to keep it w/in reason. Lol. Good lookin' out!
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmrMeUpSnotty View Post
    C’mon man, open up the tailgate by pulling the inner panel off. There’s gonna be either 8mm or 10mm nuts to remove, unplug the harness and replace the switch.

What would you guys do if you had no internet??? There was a time when there wasn’t, and we still managed to figure things out on our own. Sometimes, I feel that all this available help and information is making the human race dumb and dumber. Don’t take offense to this, what I’m saying is, I’m sure that you have more than enough brain cell capacity to not be afraid and dive into a project, figure things out, fix it and stand tall, and feel good about yourselves.
    - - - Updated - - -

20190513_082831~2.jpg

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    I hear you. Did you get the new switch cover panel already? If you have it take some pictures of the back side. If it has threaded studs, there will be nuts on the inside. The picture of the cracked panel that you posted, one of my wagons is missing the whole thing. Don't know what happened to it, but it disappeared a short while ago. I think the cover snaps on to the black section, either some jackass swiped mine off my car, or it fell off out on the road. I didn't know when it came off, but one night I was walking up to the car when I noticed that it was missing. I need to order a new one. I have my old green wagon, figured I'd pop the cover off, transfer it over, no painting necessary, and it broke just like yours. I could just pop the rest of it off and epoxy it back together, do some body work, I will be having a bunch of painting on the car soon anyway. I'll probably tackle that this weekend and get the parts ready for paint. Front M bumper, rear bumper, the drivers door, and fender, the hood, and a blend on the drivers side rear door. I also need to strip down my old wrecked wagon for all the new parts that I have in it. It's great having spare parts. After painting, a complete makeover on the sound system and the interior. Motivation..... I need to fire it up.
    Set the controls for the heart of the sun

My Cars
    '99 E39 M5T
    Yes I do. Its w/ my painter getting matched up, along w/ the M5 bumper, M5 mirrors and headlight trim.

Yeah, I ordered the switch assembly... At the time, I just needed the cover piece, but could only order the whole assembly. When I got the assembly, was when I realized that the cover pops right on/off. But, then the black section practically crumbled. So all is good.

[=BimmrMeUpSnotty;30312730]I hear you. Did you get the new switch cover panel already? If you have it take some pictures of the back side. If it has threaded studs, there will be nuts on the inside. The picture of the cracked panel that you posted, one of my wagons is missing the whole thing. Don't know what happened to it, but it disappeared a short while ago. I think the cover snaps on to the black section, either some jackass swiped mine off my car, or it fell off out on the road. I didn't know when it came off, but one night I was walking up to the car when I noticed that it was missing. I need to order a new one. I have my old green wagon, figured I'd pop the cover off, transfer it over, no painting necessary, and it broke just like yours. I could just pop the rest of it off and epoxy it back together, do some body work, I will be having a bunch of painting on the car soon anyway. I'll probably tackle that this weekend and get the parts ready for paint. Front M bumper, rear bumper, the drivers door, and fender, the hood, and a blend on the drivers side rear door. I also need to strip down my old wrecked wagon for all the new parts that I have in it. It's great having spare parts. After painting, a complete makeover on the sound system and the interior. Motivation..... I need to fire it up.[/QUOTE]