Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Driving school 8/14-15. Who's going, caravan??

My Cars
    03 Tahoe Z71/03 Camry

Lightbulb Driving school 8/14-15. Who's going, caravan??

Since the school is this Saturday and Sunday (with rain in the forecast), I wanted to see who was headed there and if anyone wanted to drive out together? I'll be going as a corner worker and leaving Alexandria VA probably no later than 6:30 am Saturday morning.

Would anyone have an interest in meeting someplace to drive together? Places I've met up with groups headed to Summit are the Circuit City in Tysons, the Furniture Store on Rt 7 West, just before the Rt 15 exit. Other suggestions??
    -Ken

My Cars
    8 BMW's & a Ford p/u
    which event you going to? the nj chapter race and school on the main track or the ncc chapter school on the jefferson?
    fairly certain you won't want to caravan with a suburban and a big trailer! see you out there. i'll have the black/purple 325is race car #64 on the main track.

marshall

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3
    I'll be there at Jefferson circuit for the NCC school. Probably driving out Friday night and getting a hotel.

Otherwise I have to leave from Annapolis early Sat morning...doh!
    - Dave -
    - 1999 BMW M3 Coupe -
    - 2001 BMW 330i (Rest In Pieces) -

My Cars
    '95 M3, '62 Lotus Elite,
    I'm working too. Don't forget a non-yellow rain coat! I'll be going down 15 from Fredrick Saturday morning...Early.

My Cars
    I'll be working one of them corners. Hopefully I can get my e30 to pass VA state inspection this week. Otherwise I'll be driving the Camry to SP. (How embarrasing!)

My Cars
    03 Tahoe Z71/03 Camry
    Working the Jefferson Circuit as well... if I recall, leaving Alexandria at 6:30 gets me to Summit by 7:45 (not speeding). Boomer, I don't know what time you usually hit the 15/7 intersection if you wanted to meet up there... and good point about the raincoat. I was already thinking about that one... no red or yellow umbrellas either.
    -Ken

My Cars
    8 BMW's & a Ford p/u
    80 miles from ft hunt rd in alex to summit gate. i think my truck can get there without my input it has been there so many times...

if any of y'all get a break from working early sunday afternoon, there will probably be a few club racers like me who could use a hand with pit stops during the race.

hope to see all you jefferson guys at the joint nj/ncc dinner sat night!

My Cars
    E30 E36 E46 E90
    I'll be there.

For the FATT and the school.
    2011 M3 Sedan
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD LBZ
    1999 323i GTS2
    1995 M3 - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
    1990 325is
    1989 M3 - S54B32/GS6-37BZ

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo
    Hers: 1989 325iX

My Cars
    So did we decide to meet near rt 15 and rt 7 saturday morning?

mlytle - I used to live right off Fort Hunt Road! Which neighborhood are you in?

My Cars
    03 Tahoe Z71/03 Camry
    Nothing has been decided, but I'm game for whatever.
    -Ken

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3
    so anyone going out there friday night?
    - Dave -
    - 1999 BMW M3 Coupe -
    - 2001 BMW 330i (Rest In Pieces) -

My Cars
    '95 M3, '62 Lotus Elite,
    Quote Originally Posted by GUINNESS
    Working the Jefferson Circuit as well... if I recall, leaving Alexandria at 6:30 gets me to Summit by 7:45 (not speeding). Boomer, I don't know what time you usually hit the 15/7 intersection if you wanted to meet up there... and good point about the raincoat. I was already thinking about that one... no red or yellow umbrellas either.
    I'll be coming down 15 to 340 (or whatever it is) from Fredrick. I'll be going back to Dale City Sunday though.

My Cars
    8 BMW's & a Ford p/u
    i will be out there friday night. nothing quite like sleeping in a trailer with an aluminun roof in the pouring rain....

My Cars
    '95 M3, '62 Lotus Elite,
    Quote Originally Posted by mlytle
    i will be out there friday night. nothing quite like sleeping in a trailer with an aluminun roof in the pouring rain....
    You think you have a problem??? I'll be in a rain soaked tent Saturday night. :eek

My Cars
    uma E36 325 vermelho
    Hey Marshall-

What are you going to be running the CCA CR? I'm going to be there on Sunday until about 2 or 3. I can lend a helping hand with pit if need be.
    What would Crockett and Tubbs do?

1994 E36 Hellrot/Black 325is
    2007 E92 Jet Black/Saddle Brown 335i

My Cars
    8 BMW's & a Ford p/u
    i'll have my black/purple e36 325is #64. stop on by! i have a friend bringing his nomex to do the fueling, but can always use timers, tire press and firewatch help. just need to have long pants and a long sleeve shirt.

currently there are two enduros on the sked between 12:25 and 2:45. haven't seen the class split yet, so not sure who is running when

hope to see you there!

marshall
    Quote Originally Posted by Jed
    Hey Marshall-

What are you going to be running the CCA CR? I'm going to be there on Sunday until about 2 or 3. I can lend a helping hand with pit if need be.
    Last edited by mlytle; 10-25-2008 at 09:35 PM.

My Cars
    8 BMW's & a Ford p/u
    ok, you win! yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomerbimmer
    You think you have a problem??? I'll be in a rain soaked tent Saturday night. :eek

My Cars
    01 330i
    Hehe, you all have a problem. One, hopefully, I will catch soon

Anyway, I will be there. I just don't know if I'll drive my poor 330i with its idiot light on, or my F-150 4x4 with the worlds worst body roll?! No, I don't mean drive in a race, I mean drive there

My Cars
    01 330i
    Oh hey, way off topic but this is a good opportunity to ask this question: I see a lot of cars with stickers all over them. Is this from sponsors, or is it a racing style? It seems like so many peoples cars are covered in stickers, I'm just curious. I guess what I'm asking is: If you upgrade your car with part X, and your car is dedicated to racing, is it customary to place part X sticker on car?

My Cars
    uma E36 325 vermelho
    Quote Originally Posted by mlytle
    i'll have my black/purple e36 325is #64. stop on by! i have a friend bringing his nomex to do the fueling, but can always use timers, tire press and firewatch help. just need to have long pants and a long sleeve shirt.

currently there are two enduros on the sked between 12:25 and 2:45. haven't seen the class split yet, so not sure who is running when

hope to see you there!

marshall
    Sweet car Marshall! I see that this is an ITS car-so does that make it the equivalent of a J-prep car in BMWCCA? Are there some things that can be done in J prep that isn't ITS spec legal? From what I understand, M3 cams are J prep legal but not ITS legal.

I'd like to talk to you more about it sometime. Not going to turn my 325is into a club racer but always cool to learn more about it.

I'll bring my mechanix gloves with me!
    What would Crockett and Tubbs do?

1994 E36 Hellrot/Black 325is
    2007 E92 Jet Black/Saddle Brown 335i

My Cars
    8 BMW's & a Ford p/u
    some of the commercial stickers on my car are required for bmw club racing. those folks sponsor the series, so we all have to wear the stickers. i have an 'agreement' with bimmerworld, so i sport their logo too. the marrs, scca and bmwcca stickers are required for the various racing series. many people just like stickers (they add HP!) and put lots of them on. others actually have sponsorship deals and the stickers are effectively paid advertising

yes, my car is built to scca its specs, so i give up cams, injectors, wheel size, big brake kits, and some other items to the purpose built bmw cca jp cars. i primarily run the scca marrs series though, bmw races are just for the fun. although.... summit is my home track and the winning fast lap time in the bmw jp class last year at summit seems awful slow...it was 0.7 sec slower than my current best time....hmm...;-)

My Cars
    01 330i
    Ah, ok. That makes sense. Sooooo.. I've looked over the website but I see no mention of the events this weekend. From my forum reading I gather they all take place on Saturday? What times does this kickoff, or what time should I show up?

My Cars
    1997 M3 Coupe
    I'm gonna be leaving Arlington at around 6:30 or 6:45; what time are you guys gonna be at 7/15?
    Drew | Dinomite.net
    1997 Boston Green ///M3 Coupe Lightweight wheels, non-luxury, no sunroof.
    1994 Volvo 940 Race Wagon

My Cars
    01 330i
    dah, <- confused

My Cars
    4 old ones
    Quote Originally Posted by Trepan
    Ah, ok. That makes sense. Sooooo.. I've looked over the website but I see no mention of the events this weekend. From my forum reading I gather they all take place on Saturday? What times does this kickoff, or what time should I show up?
    The Club Races are with the NJ/Delaware Valley Chapter in between their DE run sessions.

...steven BMWCCA 146825
    http://318ti.org | http://bmwcca.org/forum
    1995 318ti Club Sport - 1996 328ti Sport - 1991 325iC - 2003 Mini Cooper S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast