Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Parts room liquidation

My Cars
    1998 M Roadster,'07 328i
    ihm96:

I had the same problem with a used Racing Dynamics brace I bought off of Craigslist.

A google search showed that this was a common problem. IIRC I had to jack up the front end of the car to get the tires to hang and take tension off the suspension. That gained about 1/2”. Also it sounds like you noticed the brackets are somewhat malleable-they are, you just basically bend them into place to fit the bolts.

Now you can question the effectiveness of brace with malleable brackets, but once you get it on there and tightened up, it doesn’t move and I feel I can tell a difference in handling.

Just trying to help.

Quote Originally Posted by ihm96 View Post
    Doesn't fit on my car and doesn't fit on my buddys E36 M3 (tested it there as well even though I'm 99% certain my car is accident free and wouldn't have damaged strut towers). Even with all the nuts off. Not really necessary to take them off though since its about half an inch too far from fitting the studs when you overlay it. Not sure if maybe your car has been in an accident or you were just willing to basically pull your towers to fit the bar, but this part does not seem as advertised and you can even kinda tell how hard it mustve been fit on the last car by the end plates looking almost bent as well as a lot of the metal being scratched. Not sure if you're willing to take a return but I'd hope so. Looks like I'll just bite the bullet and buy a new strut bar now since the used route failed.

My Cars
    1999 Z3M, 1999 2.8 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy147 View Post
    You must've got your kit done a LONG time ago.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...r/33112227317/

For reference^

RE diff cover has also increased in price, it seems.
    Well, I did the reinforcement about 2.5 years ago. I looked back at my invoice. $103.18 with shipping for the M3 cover with bushings. Times have changed!

My Cars
    Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by s8ilver View Post
    Well, I did the reinforcement about 2.5 years ago. I looked back at my invoice. $103.18 with shipping for the M3 cover with bushings. Times have changed!
    I've definitely noticed an increase in overall prices.

I'm willing to negotiate on my items. The next buyer can still get a great deal on a NEW cover compared to paying retail at a vendor.

My Cars
    Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by sydjai View Post
    ihm96:

I had the same problem with a used Racing Dynamics brace I bought off of Craigslist.

A google search showed that this was a common problem. IIRC I had to jack up the front end of the car to get the tires to hang and take tension off the suspension. That gained about 1/2”. Also it sounds like you noticed the brackets are somewhat malleable-they are, you just basically bend them into place to fit the bolts.

Now you can question the effectiveness of brace with malleable brackets, but once you get it on there and tightened up, it doesn’t move and I feel I can tell a difference in handling.

Just trying to help.
    Thank you...

I believe the bar was quite sturdy on the 1999 BMW Z3 COUPE that I took it off of. Noticed I said Z3 COUPE. Z3. COUPE. No, I am not trying to say this came off anything other than a Z3 COUPE...

Anyways, it's been a while (>2years) since I've used it but I believe I might've taken the bar off separately of the strut hats. Thus, the procedure should be reverse. Strut hats should be installed independently of each other. Next, the bar should be installed on ONE side. Then the other side of the bar can be finessed together.

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 Coupe
    Will try this. Sorry if I came off too aggressive, the only reason I thought it may have been an E36 is I later noticed the facebook ad had it marketed as an E36/Z3 bar. I saw the ad on here though and thought maybe it had been from an E36 and you just decided to post here as well.

I never would expect a strut bar to need that much fitting, in my experience they usually bolt right up and you didn't mention needing to drop the struts or dissassemble the bar so I'm sure you can see why I was worried it wouldn't fit. Sometime in the next few days I'll get itup on a lift and try that

Thank you...

I believe the bar was quite sturdy on the 1999 BMW Z3 COUPE that I took it off of. Noticed I said Z3 COUPE. Z3. COUPE. No, I am not trying to say this came off anything other than a Z3 COUPE...

Anyways, it's been a while (>2years) since I've used it but I believe I might've taken the bar off separately of the strut hats. Thus, the procedure should be reverse. Strut hats should be installed independently of each other. Next, the bar should be installed on ONE side. Then the other side of the bar can be finessed together.

My Cars
    Coupe
    Will try this. Sorry if I came off too aggressive, the only reason I thought it may have been an E36 is I later noticed the facebook ad had it marketed as an E36/Z3 bar. I saw the ad on here though and thought maybe it had been from an E36 and you just decided to post here as well.

I never would expect a strut bar to need that much fitting, in my experience they usually bolt right up and you didn't mention needing to drop the struts or dissassemble the bar so I'm sure you can see why I was worried it wouldn't fit. Sometime in the next few days I'll get itup on a lift and try that

Struts hats of strut bar. You don't have to disassemble struts or drop them...

My Cars
    Coupe
    SOLD HR Z3M sport springs.

My Cars
    01 Z3 3.0i
    Is the dual ear cover available?

My Cars
    Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by 01silber View Post
    Is the dual ear cover available?
    Sorry, just sold dual ear cover. Updating now.

My Cars
    Coupe
    Bump for Z3 radiator. Practically new.

My Cars
    1998 Z3

I have the 4 cyl RD version of the strut bar and I had to do the same. Jack the car up. I then put one side on, which was a tight fit, then I removed the other bar mount and put that on the top of the other strut separately. I then lowered the main bar to the top mount and pulled it into place with some wiggling. Was more than I was used to for a strut bar too, but as stated, worked well once installed.
    1998 Z3 1.9L Dinan Stage 3.

My Cars
    Coupes...
    You still trying to sell stuff?

Just screw it to the wall as wall art and be done with it.
    White is Right, Steel Grey is OK, but Estoril is the only color that truly matters.

I like Coupes.

My Cars
    Coupe
    Bump for radiator. Practically new.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    Bump for radiator. Practically new.
    Is radiator compatible with S52 Z3 MCoupe?

My Cars
    Coupe
    Bump. New parts.

My Cars
    z3
    The links dont work but im interested in the struts for the konis, asc delete boot and maybe the brake fluid

My Cars
    Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    The links dont work but im interested in the struts for the konis, asc delete boot and maybe the brake fluid
    PM me. Thank you.

My Cars
    Coupe
    Bump. Magnetic stone guards SOLD

My Cars
    Coupe
    Bump. New parts added.

My Cars
    Coupe
    M50 Manifold SOLD. Bump.

My Cars
    Coupe
    SPAL fan sold

My Cars
    Coupe
    Z3M mufflers sold. Bump.

My Cars
    Coupe
    Bump. Price drop(S)

My Cars
    Coupe
    Price drops bump. Lots of items recently sold.

My Cars
    Coupe
    Bump. added.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast