Thread: thinking of buying 2016 750i xdrive

My Cars
    2016 750i

thinking of buying 2016 750i xdrive

Buying for my wife. Has 25k miles with almost 2 years left on the warranty. We were excited about purchasing but I'm reading about issues with valve stems, oil consumption and very expensive maintenance cost. What are common issues with the v8? We usually keep cars for 10+ years ... can I expect this car to last thru 2029?

My Cars
    2001 525it
    Unfournately the BMW engines of late have had some issues

My Cars
    Will it last through 2029? Yeah. Will it be cheap to keep on the road? Doubtful. They are amazing cars, just don't get sticker shock when you get the estimate of what it costs when something goes wrong. Remember these cars are in the neighborhood of $100k or more when new.
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician

My Cars
    2016 750i
    bought it, hopefully no regrets ...

My Cars
    2011 750 il2008 Escalade
    Congratulations. You will enjoy it. I love mine. i wish there were simpler ways to trouble shoot a problem. Rest is awesome.

My Cars
    1995 530i
    naqvi, what's your thoughts thus far in ownership?

My Cars
    2011 750 il2008 Escalade
    rivstg1
    i love my 750. Its awesome car. Well built and very solid. I am very conservative about spending money. I have very good knowledge about cars and how things work, but this car is hard to work on due to lack of information available. I am very mechanically inclined, but struggle with electronics. This car is all about electronics. Right now trying to figure out why i have clicking noise when i turn my steering wheel left or right. Dealer is telling me left CV joint is bad. I disagree. Maybe I am wrong..... There is no clunking, play or any other noise.
    All of a sudden TPS would not resett. All tire pressures are good.With 70K plus miles it should not fail. Regardless if one paid 30K or 80K.
    The engine oil burning issue is a big deal, one can be out of lots of cash if not handled properly through a dealer. BMW always takee care of its customers and backs it by warrantty. i like my car, it goes to dealer everynow and then, the rest I like to take care of myself. Let me know if I can be of any help.
    Best regards

My Cars
    1993 740i build 11/92
    naqvi, any updates? I'm looking at a 750i drive executive package model w/66k miles, like to hear of your or any other's experience

My Cars
    2011 750 il2008 Escalade
    Mine was running good, few weeks ago. Drive train Malfunction caution came on, and it slipped on slow cruise 40mph, from 4th to 3rd gear or opposite, dont remmember. Car became limp, barely made it home. After sitting for some time, it restarted and normalized. I reset the codes. Took it to dealer, gave them the whole story and code, they could not find anything wrong. So I am scared to drive for now till I figurre out whats up with this car. Beside that car drives like a dream. It has sealed transmission and BMW don't service it. I had third party warranty, which i cancelled, because the exclusion was electronic parts in transmission. This is the only thing malfuctions in the transmission from all the posts I have read.
    If you are buying one, make sure the warrantty covers transmission including valve body and electronic seleniods. Otherwise it will be expensive to repair.