BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: WTB: 128i Automatic

My Cars
    2002 BMW 530i

WTB: 128i Automatic

My wife has osteoarthritis in her left knee and my youngest daughter is recovering from a long illness and wants to drive. To encourage both of them, I'm looking for a small BMW with an automatic and the last of the non-turbo sixes has appeal to me, since I'll be the one to work on it.

We're in Virginia, but can travel. Color is somewhat important but we're flexible. I want sport seats, Xenons, USB, Bluetooth and would love it to have PDK, but I'm realistic that we may not find everything. I will not consider anything with Sensatech interior and would prefer no beige interiors (though Taupe is fine). Power seats are quite important, too, but seem quite common. I don't consider Nav a benefit but would not turn it down for that alone. M-sport is okay but not necessary—and most of those are sticks, which I'd love but it just won't work for my family. Likewise, no convertibles—though there seem to be plenty of those and they don't bring much more than the coupes (we already own six BMW convertibles).

The ideal car would be a Sport Package coupe in white or silver with gray or black leather. I'm seeing a lot of them under 100k miles in the $7k-to-$9k price range but I'm too busy, or too slow to respond, or the cars have had CarFax listed accidents with air-bag deployments and multiple repossessions. Accidents don't bother me and I place more value in a well-cared-for car over simply low mileage.

Let me know what you have, or what you see for-sale in your area. I prefer to purchase from an owner over a used-car lot, but beggars can't be choosers. I'll know a good car when I see one, but that's the problem: I'd like to see it in person before purchasing. Always a good plan for an older car.

I promise it a good home with a dozen-or-more other BMWs to keep it company. It will be loved and well-cared-for.

Thanks for any assistance.

My Cars
    2002 BMW 530i
    Found one, bought one.
    Year-One-of-the-One.
    Kind of unique build (for a 128i) with Sport, Premium, sport steering wheel, warning triangle in trunk (Euro Delivery), Xenons, leather, heated seats, iPod/USB, PDC, and iDrive Nav. White with black leather. Now with 100k miles after a quick trip from Texas to Virginia. I even had Bluetooth, briefly, on the way home before the SOS fault popped up!

The good news is my wife and daughter like it . . . a lot! My wife thinks it's too "flashy" so she's still driving the E39 to work. Odd that a small, 19-year-old car could be considered "flashy".