Thread: Wanted to share a web page I created for the sale of my M5 Touring

My Cars
    ///M's

Wanted to share a web page I created for the sale of my M5 Touring

To proudly represent the history of our E34's, and give more people the ability to see nice photos of such a rare car, I went ahead and created a web page that will stay live even after the sale.

Out of 209 1995 M5 tourings, this particular car is 11 cars off the last touring ever made. Only available to the European market, they came standard with the upgraded 3.8L (340hp) S38B38 engine, 6-speed manual gearbox with reduced effort clutch, 18" M-parallel wheels, wide kidney grille and hood, Nürburgring III package (sports and comfort modes), large Nürburgring brakes 345/328mm calipers with front floating rotors and a thicker rear anti roll bar.

Its build date is July 18th 1995 and was first registered July 22nd 1996. Each E34 was built by a crew of selected 8 mechanics, they each may have left a signature on every car they made !

Options ordered (does any of you share some of these?):
    M-Technic aerodynamic mirrors /// 3rd brake light /// servotronic (vehicle speed sensitive steering)
    airbag front passenger /// electric steering adjustment /// alarm system
    shadowline trim /// roof rack /// double sliding roof
    rear sunblinds /// self-dimming rear view mirror /// electric seat with memory adjustment
    heated seats /// headlight washers /// automatic air circulation
    automatic air conditioning /// cruise control /// radio BMW professional RDS
    HiFi Loudspeaker system /// M leather steering wheel /// rear parking sensors

Individual Order:
    Exterior - Orinoco Metallic paint with Granite Silver sideskirts and spoilers
    Interior - Two-tone Petrol/Mint Nappa leather seats with extended leather (below the dashboard, glove box + glasses box + center console), Graphite Birds-Eye Maple wood trim

Enjoy!

http://windsurfing.lepicture.com/m5-touring/

Last edited by ///Manuel; 07-28-2019 at 11:42 PM.

My Cars
    328, 525, 740, R1200RT
    Very nice!

moroza is offline MORΩN ΛABIA BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E34T
    Well done, and what a gorgeous car! So clean, too; upon purchase I would immediately get the back messy

The door leather isn't gathered. I thought all 95 cars had that?

What is the round thing in the headliner just behind the sunroof?

Is it the photo, or are some of the parking sensors off-center? Aftermarket add-on?

Missing splash shields?
    Last edited by moroza; 07-28-2019 at 05:35 PM.

My Cars
    ///M's
    Thanks all. The M5's were hand-assembled, maybe they don't have door cards issues or maybe because it's a late model?
    The round headliner thing, I believe I popped it out and it was hiding a nut, maybe a double-sunroof thing?
    Rear parking sensors (actually called PDC for Park Distance Control) were a special option (listed as special order request under the options list).
    The PDC BMW module is in the back next to the 6-CD changer.
    M5's had no splash shields.

My Cars
    various
    Excellent add and web images. Is the milage in kilometers or miles? Are these really worth that much now? I hope so.

My Cars
    ///M's
    Thank you. It's in miles. The car was federalized at 50,000 miles and currently has a clean Colorado title.

My Cars
    94 M5T
    Quote Originally Posted by ///Manuel View Post
    M5's had no splash shields.
    M5s did have 2 splash shields, one under the engine at the front, and one that covers the rear part of the engine/front part of the trans. Yours are missing.

Regarding the door panels. There were various options for euro spec M5's, these are what was specced with this car's bicolor interior. And yes, that circle cap covers the access to the rear sunroof motor's socket if you need to use the crank to manually close the roof. My 94 M5t has the same.

Great car, and color combo. GLWS. Would do well on BaT.
    Mike
    93 M5 3.8 Sterling Silver/Black (euro)
    94 M5 Touring Madeiraschwarz/Black
    80 745i (project)
    83 735i / 5 speed (euro)
    86 745i

My Cars
    ///M's
    You are correct, 51712251932 & 51711969484, I had them on the car when I got it.
    Last edited by ///Manuel; 08-05-2019 at 02:22 PM.

My Cars
    '91 M5
    Very well done. I will have to save some of those pictures.
    Current Fleet:
    E34 1991 M5 Macaoblau on Complete (ruined)Leather Champagne - http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1705166

Past:
    E34 1989 535i 5-Speed AlpineweissII on Natur - Parted
    E34 1992 525i 5-Speed Islandgrun on Pergament - Parted
    E34 1995 540i 6-Speed ShwarzII on Shwarz - Sold to Sneezy.
    E34 1995 525i 5-Speed Calypso Red on Parchment - http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1748143 - Sold locally.
    E39 1998 528i 5-Speed Black on Black - Sold locally.
    E34​ 1993 M5 Alpinweiss on Black - http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...lpinweissII-M5 - Parted

My Cars
    ///M's
    A little bump to show off the princess !

My Cars
    E21, E24, E34, E46
    Quote Originally Posted by moroza View Post
    The door leather isn't gathered. I thought all 95 cars had that?
    These are "full leather" door panels, where the main body of the panel is entirely covered in real leather. You can see the stitching all around. I assume the insert is the same real leather used on the seats. The gathered panels are of course vinyl on the main body like all US cars, but even the insert part is not real leather. Only the handle/armrests are. I don't believe there was a gathered insert on a full leather panel, being that the gathered part is not real leather. Full leather panels are fairly common on euro M5's, especially individual. Also the center console is leather covered. Some even have the dash covered in leather and the sunvisors and roof grab handles. The full leather panels are very prone to shrinkage. The excellent condition of these is a testament to the care the car has received.

moroza is offline MORΩN ΛABIA BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E34T
    Fascinating. But that's just it - the gathered material in the middle of the 1995 panels does seem to shrink and crack over time. I'ven't taken it apart, but consider me fooled if it's fake.

My Cars
    ///M's
    Yeah no seat twist, no shrinking panels, most everything is just like it was when it came out of the factory even the smell!

My Cars
    ///M's
    Price drop before going on BAT in June/July with.... no reserve !

My Cars
    1995 BMW E34 M5touring
    @///Manuel - BaT ,no reserve‘ ?���� are you sure ? �� u better think twice, see what happened
    to BL01862 ☹️ should have gone much higher - lucky new owner. Your car, your decision, of course.����

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    Quote Originally Posted by m5toureg View Post
    @///Manuel - BaT ,no reserve‘ ?���� are you sure ? �� u better think twice, see what happened
    to BL01862 ☹️ should have gone much higher - lucky new owner. Your car, your decision, of course.����
    Agreed.
    I think the silly money is drying up as people are allowed again at live auctions.
    BAT loves no reserve as their only concern is that the item is sold, nice if they get a bigger commission but something better than nothing as they see it. They will lobby for a low reserve as well.m
    Your car is a prime candidate for that site and they will most likely cooperate if you tell them a reasonable reserve or no deal.
    Good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ///Manuel View Post
    Price drop before going on BAT in June/July with.... no reserve !
    I don't see a price at all.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    '06 X5/6spd 3.0
    I agree with setting a reserve, but I highly doubt you’ll have any issue eclipsing it because this is a special car and....
    Quote Originally Posted by ross1 View Post
    I think the silly money is drying up...
    I’m not seeing this yet at all. My friend just sold an e39 530 on BaT for $18k. Clean 964’s are still climbing and now 100-150 all day.
    The rich are richer than ever. If I’m mistaken in assuming that’s the target bracket for this car, then I need to rethink my career.

Also Ross is right. What’s your current list price?

My Cars
    1995 BMW E34 M5touring
    Quote Originally Posted by ross1 View Post
    I don't see a price at all.
    -
    Is USD 109.000 �� (was USD 129.000 ����) - as far as I know/read -
    subject to be confirmed by owner/seller

My Cars
    ///M's
    New video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6UGzRE7X04

And now on BAT no reserve!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...-m5-touring-5/

it had a good run. A bit sad to let it go.
    I think given today's market in general (housing, stock, goods, etc.), the rarity, condition, options, and such the buyer got a great deal.
    I hope they appreciate the car as much as we all did over here.
    Last edited by ///Manuel; 07-17-2021 at 01:22 AM.