Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

Thread: Review: Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax

My Cars
    2002 BMW Z3

Thumbs up Review: Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax

I've used Meguiar's products on my cars for as long as I can remember. I'd read various posts about ceramic coatings, so when I saw a spray bottle of Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax for $14.99 at the local auto parts store, I thought I've give it a try. I'd seen on a YouTube video that gently wiping the first coating onto the surface of the car improves adhesion and durability, which is how I applied the first coat. After rubbing in the first coat and rinsing everything off the car, I applied a second coat per the directions on the spray bottle. five weeks later, here are my impressions.

1. Dust: The car doesn't seem to at attract dust like it did prior to application of the ceramic wax. My e89 would be quite dusty after sitting in the garage for a couple days - I'd typically clean it with detailer and a microfiber cloth before taking it out. After applying the ceramic wax, I don't feel the need to wipe down the car anymore.
    2. Water Spots: It seems that whenever I wash the car, it triggers the rain and I end up with water spots all over my cars. I can't say the ceramic wax eliminated all water spots, but there are definitely fewer of them and they are much less visible. I speculate this has something to do with there being less dust and dirt on the car to begin with.
    3. Bugs: Dead bugs wash off easily. I used to have to scrub to get dead bugs off the front of the car, now most simply wash off when I spray the car down with the hose.
    4. Tar: Summer in Minnesota is road repair season - you can't drive anywhere without encountering either fresh asphalt being laid, or liquid tar being used to fill cracks in the road. Typically after such an encounter I'd first wash the car then use Meguiar's Cleaner Wax to remove the sticky, black gunk from the paint. However, with the ceramic wax, tar simply washes off.
    5. Glass: Ceramic wax works just as good as, if not better than Rain-X.

Bottom line - Meguiar's Ceramic Car Wax yielded results far beyond its $14.99 price and the couple minutes it took to apply. Highly recommended!

For the record, I don't work for nor am I being compensated by Meguiars nor any other auto-related manufacturer, distributer or retailer. I'm just a retired guy who loves cars!

My Cars
    2002 BMW 530i Sport
    Follow up with discussion on long term durability once you have some time with the product on the car.