Thread: Takata Recall - Uncooperative Dealers - Texas

My Cars
    1998 M3/4/5 & 2003 M3

Takata Recall - Uncooperative Dealers - Texas

I keep getting post cards in the mail insisting I am going to die and kill my family if I don't get the Takata Recall resolved for 2 of my BMWs.

Every time I call the local dealers (San Antonio, Austin) they are happy to perform the recall for free, but they can't offer me a Loaner, they don't have a mobile recall service, and they won't tow my vehicles. Strange, these are exactly the services BMW NA offers on their website to address the recall!

https://www.bmwusa.com/safety-and-em...ta-airbag.html

Here is the Magic Phone Number: 800-525-7417

Call that number, explain you don't have hours to dedicate to fixing BMW's problems, and they will "elevate your concerns" to a regional manager and get you what you want. Especially when it would take two trip to dealership for me (2002 530i and 2003 M3).

Happy Motoring!
    Driven
    3 really cool kids and a smokin' wife...

My Cars
    2001 325iT, 2005 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by M5Driven View Post

I keep getting post cards in the mail insisting I am going to die and kill my family if I don't get the Takata Recall resolved for 2 of my BMWs.

Every time I call the local dealers (San Antonio, Austin) they are happy to perform the recall for free, but they can't offer me a Loaner, they don't have a mobile recall service, and they won't tow my vehicles. Strange, these are exactly the services BMW NA offers on their website to address the recall!

https://www.bmwusa.com/safety-and-em...ta-airbag.html

Here is the Magic Phone Number: 800-525-7417

Call that number, explain you don't have hours to dedicate to fixing BMW's problems, and they will "elevate your concerns" to a regional manager and get you what you want. Especially when it would take two trip to dealership for me (2002 530i and 2003 M3).

Happy Motoring!
    Driven

Greatly appreciate the feedback, I have a few of our cars that still need this as well, just has not been a huge priority since they are rarely driven. If i am going to bring the cars in to BMW of Austin, they better have a loaner to at least get me back!

My Cars
    2004 BMW E46 M3 Coupe
    I've been weary to take mine in because of how modified my M3 is... afraid the mofos at the dealer will joy ride her while "working" on the airbag inflators... I have Conforti shark injector on my DME, wondering if it comes with valet mode..
    2004 BMW e46 ///M3 S54 3.2L I6 NA ~360BHP RTD-6SM | Fully-rebuilt motor (forged lightweight rods & FSR pistons + rebalanced crank) & suspension, Conforti shark injector tune, aFe Stage 2 intake, Megan Racing catless SS headers (ceramic coated) + Status Gruppe sec 1 rasp elim + sec 2 un-resonated X-pipe + DNA motoring muffler (LOUD)
    2013 BMW e82 135i
    ///M-Sport N55 3.0L I6 Twin-scroll Turbo ~380BHP DCT | MHD Stage 2+ tune, aFe Stage 2 intake, free-flow/catless down-pipe + unresonated mid sec + straight piped rear w/ titanium quad burnt tips (LOUD)
    2012 VW GTI Mk6 2.0TSI EA888 2.0L I4 Turbo ~250BHP 6SM | Stratified tune, IE intake, hi-flow cat/downpipe, unresonated mid sec, stock gutted muffler (Sporty, civilized)

My Cars
    1991 BMW 318is
    I think you guys are all too paranoid and high demanding. It's a few hour job. Dropped my car off at a BMW dealer, they had it done in 3 hours and no...they don't have time to joyride your 15 year old shit box cars.

MauiM3Mania is online now Observer/Master Skeptic Moderator
    My Cars
    88M3 99M3 04M3 ITBx16
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJeremy28 View Post
    ...they don't have time to joyride your 15 year old shit box cars.
    Says the driver of a 28 year old 318.
    04M3 TiAg 69k slick-top 3 pedal
    99M3 Cosmos 61k S50B32 euro 6Spd

88M3 AW 43k miles Project FS

WTB: 3.5" Eurosport/Conforti CAI

My Cars
    03 M3
    i have like new airbags that I can sell Got the passenger dash one + the steering wheel one fs!

My Cars
    1999 M3
    FYI there's a new recall for early cars, passenger side airbag. Dropped my car off at Santa Monica BMW this morning, said it would be done by 1. Shockingly they called me at like 11 saying they didn't have a slip ring or some other small part, it should be done by tomorrow at noon. We'll see...

My Cars
    03M3 17M540 18A5SB

Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by DrJeremy28 View Post
    I think you guys are all too paranoid and high demanding. It's a few hour job. Dropped my car off at a BMW dealer, they had it done in 3 hours and no...they don't have time to joyride your 15 year old shit box cars.
    Yep.