Thread: What to look for on a low-mileage E92 M3

My Cars
    2002 BMW 540i Sport

What to look for on a low-mileage E92 M3

I am going to view a 2010 e92 M3 this weekend and I am curious from current owners what I should be looking for during the initial overview. I currently own an '02 e39 540i, and this is my first time looking at the 3-series.

Here are some details about the car:
    6-speed manual
    Located in Pittsburgh
    Manufacture date of 10-28-2009
    Mileage: 32,000
    Interlagos Blue
    Pretty much a fully loaded car (EDC, Cold Weather, Tech Package)
    Rod bearings have not been done (owner said with such low mileage there's no need)
    Blower motor and pass. airbag recalls have been done

Here are the mods he has done:
    Alpine stage 2 tune, carbon fiber front lip, side skirts, rear diffuser, trunk lip, Remmus race exhaust, Rogue Engineering primary cat delete with resonator

The most recent service at 29,500 miles:
    Transmission fluid
    Oil Change
    Differential oil
    Michellin pilot super sport
    Steering Fluid
    Brake Fluid

Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

My Cars
    E92 M3,335i, Odyssey
    Looks like a solid car. You know about the rod bearings.
    The only other thing that seems to go out is the throttle actuators, but it's covered under emissions in some states.
    SOLD: '96 Artic Silver M3/2 Lux Click here for pic's. 2003 X5 4.6is: Nav, loading floor, comfort seats
    2007 E90 335i: Titanium Silver/Black/Aluminum trim, Sport, Premium, Heated seats (for the wife), iPOD, MORR VS7
    2011 E92 M3: Space Grey/Black/Blue aluminum trim, Premium, iDrive, DCT

My Cars
    2001 525it
    A prepurchase inspection

My Cars
    03 E39 540i MSport 6spd
    Throttle actuators covered under emissions? Could you elaborate as to what that means?

My Cars
    03 E39 540i MSport 6spd
    Regarding the car, I’m personally weary of buying a car that has been modded (I prefer stock and mod my own).

Since you are in a region where it snows, obviously check for rust underneath the car.

Indeed the throttle actuators are more of a concern at this point than the rod bearings.

Once the engine warms up, tap repeatedly on the throttle ever so slightly, repeatedly revving it up... Check for throttle response and hesitation.

The reason the throttle actuators fail ($2500 fix) is because they get dirty. If they are already hesitating, chances are they’re on their way out.

(Once you buy the car either learn to take apart and clean them yourself or find a reputable shop to clean them for you... otherwise, they will fail at some point).

Have you considered a third party warranty? Are you financing the car or buying with cash?