Thread: Where to tap for a MAP sensor hose? (Megasquirt)

My Cars
    BMW 318i M50 Swap

Where to tap for a MAP sensor hose? (Megasquirt)

Hey guys,

I've been tackling issues with my setup for a while now. I suspect a bad MAP sensor, but I want to know where you guys get your vacuum source on a stock M50 intake manifold. Mine is tapped from the line off the fuel pressure regulator.

Side note: If anyone reading is an expert, my MAP reading is REALLY high (90kPa~) while idling. I checked for vacuum leaks literally from every orifices and could not find anything. Besides, for a reading to be that high it would need to be a pretty big vacuum leak, right?

Cheers!

My Cars
    E36
    Mine goes on the M50 intake manifold , it can be anywhere in the plastic box near the TB.

My Cars
    VW TDI and Dodge Dart
    Teed off the FPR should be fine, but it is possible the FPR (or the vacuum tee) has sprung a leak. Make sure you are getting a 100 kPa reading (within a few kPa, assuming you're at sea level) at key on and engine off; otherwise the problem may be the MAP sensor calibration.
    Matt Cramer
    1997 BMW 328i convertible, 1972 Chevy C10 pickup, 1966 Dodge Dart slant six
    BMW - where "Why doesn't everybody build cars the way they do?" meets "Why can't they build a car the same way everyone else does it?"