Thread: MS42 and OBD II into E12

My Cars
    520 e12 '74

MS42 and OBD II into E12

Hello everybody!

Me again in the epic battle against my 74 E12 haha

Sorry if its a little long, but I wanted to give then most info I could

Early on in the project we decided to use a standalonr ecu, but its not working out. It keeps messing up, the idle never works fine, the dual vanos (M52TUB25) doesnt work and many other problems.

So we decided to do the right thing and spend a little more time and money to get the MS42 with EWS delete and all the original sensors/harness.

The problem is: where the hell do I pull the obd II port?, The harness we get didnt came with the dashboard harness (i think its the 4th plug?), but we have the plug to pull the wires.

We are considering getting the e46 dashboard to install there, but we still want to understand where the obd port comes from, so we manage to install it properly.

We found in the diagram the wires from the dash plug for K-line, CANbus high and CANbus low, 12v and ground, are with those and an obd II plug, will we be able to install it and start getting readings? We didnt want to install the new ECU and dont have a way to check if everything os ok.

Also, how can we have some managing interface? Is it possible to plug something in the port to read and tweek a little the ecu?

Thank you very much!

Best,

My Cars
    98 m3
    You can read and write the ecu over kline. There’s no “interface” like a jb4 or cobb or anything.

We can write you a tune and swap ecu setup if you’d like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1989 535i - sold
    1999 M3 Tiag/Dove - sold
    1998 M3 Turbo Arctic/black - current
    2004 Built motor TiAg/Black - Sold
    2008 E61 19T Turbo-Wagon - current
    2011 E82 135i - S85 Swap - current
    1998 M3 Cosmos S54 swapped Sedan - current

1998 Turbo: PTE6870 | 1.15 ar | Hp Cover, Custom Divided T4 bottom-mount, 3.5" SS exhaust, Dual Turbosmart Compgates, Turbosmart Raceport BOV, 3.5" Treadstone Intercooler, 3.5" Vibrant resonator and muffler, Arp 2k Headstuds | Arp 2k Main studs | 87mm Je pistons | Eagle rods | 9.2:1 static compression, Ces 87mm cutring, Custom solid rear subframe bushings, Akg 85d diff bushings, 4 clutch 3.15 diff, , Poly engine mounts, UUC trans mounts W/ enforcers, 22RPD OBD2 Stock ECU id1700 E85 tune, 22RPD Big power Transmission swap w/ GS6-53

My Cars
    520 e12 '74
    Quote Originally Posted by vollosso View Post
    You can read and write the ecu over kline. There’s no “interface” like a jb4 or cobb or anything.

We can write you a tune and swap ecu setup if you’d like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the answer!

So, i just need a obd plug and conect it to the kline, 12v and ground?

Also, about the map, the ecu I got is already mapped for my engine and with the ews delete, but I will need a new tune soon, as I might get my hands in some M ITBs.

Do you make this kind of map?

Thanks a lot!