Thread: Passenger Side Mirror

My Cars
    2018 Hyundai Sonata

Passenger Side Mirror

My wife was backing the 2018 5.40i into the garage and knocked the passenger side mirror off and it is dangling by the wires. I haven't seen it yet but she said she was able to attach it back on but she thinks it needs something to make it stay. Does anyone know about this before I see it? I would like to come prepared to fix it, if it's possible. Is it repairable without buying an entirely new mirror? Thanks

My Cars
    15 650ix GC & 14 X5 50i
    Without a picture of the damage...I don't see how anyone could take a guess as to if it is an easy fix or not. We no clue how much damage was done or where it came apart or what was stuck back onto the car.

You can see the diagram below (also didn't know if you have the reg mirror or the folding mirror...so I went with the reg mirror):

Last edited by Qsilver7; 05-18-2020 at 01:55 AM.
    Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

2015 650ix GC (Moonstone/Cohiba Brown) <<~>> 2014 X5 50i (Space Gray/Mocha)

My Cars
    The mirrors are one piece, and if she broke it off, it absolutely needs to be replaced.
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician

My Cars
    2020 Trail Boss
    Quote Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
    Without a picture of the damage...I don't see how anyone could take a guess as to if it is an easy fix or not. We no clue how much damage was done or where it came apart or what was stuck back onto the car.

You can see the diagram below (also didn't know if you have the reg mirror or the folding mirror...so I went with the reg mirror):

These kinds of posts need a trigger warning

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk