Thread: HELP Ignition problems!

My Cars
    98 M3

HELP Ignition problems!

This morning I go to get my car from a parking garage, and the attendent says he can't start the car.
    So, I go to the car and get in and all the dash lights are on, and the OBC says set time or something like that. Take note all these lights are on without the key in the ignition.
    I go to start the car and the key will not turn at all in the ignition. I try moving the wheel around to see if that helps, not working at all.
    The battery is not dead, I can control the stereo windows etc...
    The only thing I cannot control is the alarm system (BMW ALARM).
    I open the hood and I hear a clicking sound not sure what that is.
    I figure maybe the alarm system is in a protective mode, I disconnect the battery and reconnect it. I try starting again and the key will not move.
    At this point I start going insane on the attendent, he wont call his manager because it is Sunday (which is an excuse), and he basically tells me to @$#. I threaten him, and the police come. They say they cant do anything it is a civil matter, and that I could be arrested for harassing this guy for completing destroying my car.
    After an hour of trying different things I get the car towed. The car not sits in the BMW parking lot. And 5 hours later I finally get home.

Does anyone have an idea what is wrong with my car?

Does it need a new ignition?

How could this possibly happen? Did this guy @#$% with my car?

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by MauiM3Mania; 07-02-2011 at 12:34 AM. Reason: profanity
    <center>
    --** JD98///M3 **--
    98' Coupe M3
    Dinan CAI
    Dinan Software
    Catz HID Kit
    ZKW + Angel Eyes

</center>