Thread: Anyone use rollcagecomponents.com 4-point cage? Fitment/Quality?

My Cars
    E36 and f82

Anyone use rollcagecomponents.com 4-point cage? Fitment/Quality?

As title!

I'm looking to get a cage in my e36 m3 coupe, I found a cage from rollcagecomponents.com that has good pricing and the website says it comes with everything needed to install/weld it in but I'm worried about the fitment. Has anyone installed one? I used the search but couldnt find anything.

My Cars
    E92, E46, E36
    I got my 8 point in from them a few months back and I'm just prepping for my install now actually. The bends on the main hoop are perfectly placed but keep in mind every tube is longer than needed so they all need to be cut to size and notched. I have no complaints on the quality

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

My Cars
    E92, E46, E36
    I am putting my rear bars through the bulkhead and attaching to the rear frame as its stronger than the arches but as you can see they are still too long and need to be shortened

My Cars
    E36 and f82
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctwide3project View Post
    I am putting my rear bars through the bulkhead and attaching to the rear frame as its stronger than the arches but as you can see they are still too long and need to be shortened

That rear bar is excessively long, is that how that comes? How are the base plates and gussets? Do you have pictures?

My Cars
    E92, E46, E36
    Yep that's how they come. As for base plates they just give you a piece of 6"x18"x1/8 flat to make your own base plates or boxes. The gussets are functional but way too small for my liking. This evening when I get home from work I'll take pictures for you. Its certainly not a just put in and weld job but for most cage kits out there it seems pretty standard to have a decent amount of fabrication

My Cars
    E36 and f82
    Yep that's how they come. As for base plates they just give you a piece of 6"x18"x1/8 flat to make your own base plates or boxes. The gussets are functional but way too small for my liking. This evening when I get home from work I'll take pictures for you. Its certainly not a just put in and weld job but for most cage kits out there it seems pretty standard to have a decent amount of fabrication

I agree, the fact that I can buy pre-bent tubing that fits for the main roll hoop saves me hours if not 1-2 days of pipe bending.

I appreciate the feedback and pics!

My Cars
    E92, E46, E36
    No problem at all, give me about 3 hours and I'll have the pics for you. In the mean time here is a view for you, when I recieved it I immediately took it out of the box to take inventory of parts, this was the mock up to make sure it was all there

My Cars
    E92, E46, E36
    Sorry for the delay, these are the gussets and plate that comes with it

My Cars
    E36 and f82
    Looks like baby gussets to me! Thanks for pics

My Cars
    02 M3
    Interesting, I ordered their e36 cage also and was told only a few bars would need to be shortened/notched. boo.

My Cars
    E92, E46, E36
    This is why I am at with mine so far and every single bar needed to be altered

My Cars
    E92, E46, E36

That was supposed to say this is where I am at with mine. Damn auto correct

My Cars
    02 M3

I hate to hi-jack this thread, but I have a million questions! Can you send pictures of the mounting points for the cage? It doesn't look like you built plinths. How did you weld the back side of the bars (near the roof, and in in front of the back seat)? Did you tilt the cage, weld, then tilt back to weld the down bars? What about the halo, how do you plan to weld around the halo?

If you can answer some of these questions, that would be amazing! I plan on starting my cage in about 2-3 weeks. I just ordered the eastwood tube notcher... do you recommend any other tools?

Thank you!

My Cars
    E92, E46, E36
    Quote Originally Posted by Inflame View Post
    I hate to hi-jack this thread, but I have a million questions! Can you send pictures of the mounting points for the cage? It doesn't look like you built plinths. How did you weld the back side of the bars (near the roof, and in in front of the back seat)? Did you tilt the cage, weld, then tilt back to weld the down bars? What about the halo, how do you plan to weld around the halo?

If you can answer some of these questions, that would be amazing! I plan on starting my cage in about 2-3 weeks. I just ordered the eastwood tube notcher... do you recommend any other tools?

Thank you!
    I do have plinth boxes but they are only about an inch tall, I can take pictures this evening for you. I have a ck micro torch for my tig welder so that's how I got away with not needing much room to weld the tops. The rear down bars have flat plates on the bottom that weld to the rear frame area behind the bulk head. The notches are great but if by chance you have an angle grinder, get yourself some flap discs as they are really handy to finalize fitment.

My Cars
    02 M3
    Ah I see, awesome. I plan on taking my rear down bars to the bulk head, hopefully I can make that work fairly well. Thank you for answering the questions!

My Cars
    E92, E46, E36
    Bulk head isn't too sturdy so just be sure to brace it well

My Cars
    E92, E46, E36
    Got a little more done on the cage today but still a fair amount of welding to do. For those who were curious I took a pic of my plinth boxes and rear down bar mounting points. Hope this helps some people in some way. Oh and i didnt need to use my micro torch to get the tops welded, just pulled it forward of my boxes and dropped it that inch and I had sufficient room to weld. Had to be a but of a gymnast crawling between the bars to weld but its certainly one of the cars that's not too horrible to get at things.

My Cars
    02 M3
    Thanks for the photos! Are you planning on running the front bars and X door bars?

My Cars
    E92, E46, E36
    Front angle bars for now but not doing x door bars as of yet. I may add onto this cage as time goes on though

My Cars
    79 323i, 94 325is, 13 M3
    Nice looking work there.

I live in the same region as that shop and he has a good reputation around here for craft and quality.

For a weld-in, I personally think he's doing the installer a favor by leaving the tubes long on the butt ends instead of scrimping on every inch of steel. Leaves tolerance for different heights of plinth boxes, slightly different mount angles, and the like.
    If God meant for man to motor-swap LS engines into track cars, He wouldn't have created Corvettes.

My Cars
    E92, E46, E36
    Quote Originally Posted by JBasham View Post
    Nice looking work there.

I live in the same region as that shop and he has a good reputation around here for craft and quality.

For a weld-in, I personally think he's doing the installer a favor by leaving the tubes long on the butt ends instead of scrimping on every inch of steel. Leaves tolerance for different heights of plinth boxes, slightly different mount angles, and the like.
    I absolutely agree. Most people I see that cage an e36 go to the rear bulkhead which I am not a fan of. If the rear downs had been cut for that I never could have attached where I wanted to. I would definitely use them again for future cages

My Cars
    E92, E46, E36
    Cage is completed