Thread: 2019 Austrian GP

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan

2019 Austrian GP

If you guys skipped this one because of the last race, you missed out. Real fun to watch, good stuff all around.

Legend penalized then proceeded to never be a factor, Leclerc drove excellently the whole race, thug couldn't finish qualifying due to a mechanical but pushed well and trounced the Legend, Max totally boned the start but had an amazing comeback, the McLarens did really well... It was a nice change of pace.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one?
    Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    Yes, it was a good race. Heat was too much for Merc it seems, they were struggling with cooling issues more than Redbull/Ferrari. They shouldnt have replaced Legends front wing at pitstop,(seemed to be ok from later pics i saw) lost too much time and track position. He only lost two points to the thug, so not bad. And the thug had fresh tyres too.

Redbull/Max really had some pace. Ferrari messed up with their strategy. On their pit radio, they were restricting Leclerc to slower lap times at beginning of his second stint. He only had back markers to deal with and clean air for the most part. He couldve built up a huge buffer and then managed the last few laps. But Ferrari strategists are useless anyway.

Max shouldve been penalised for that move but since i despise Ferrari/Thug, i dont mind it really. Mclaren performed really well. Lando sixth, Sainz from last to eighth. They really are the top of the midfield now. Renault useless as ever as was Kubica who was lapped by his teammate.

My Cars
    97 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by VĒmp View Post
    Yes, it was a good race. Heat was too much for Merc it seems, they were struggling with cooling issues more than Redbull/Ferrari. They shouldnt have replaced Legends front wing at pitstop,(seemed to be ok from later pics i saw) lost too much time and track position.

They said in the broadcast that it was cracked. Maybe it Ham didn't smash into the exit curb on 1 lap after lap; I was almost sure he was going to cause some long-term damage there (maybe he did?). Hasn't Merc always been ehhh when it's hot? It was said that they opened up the aero for max cooling, but clearly something isn't as happy as it could be.

Max's drive was phenomenal, but I honestly don't think he even attempted to leave room for Lec.
    '97 M3/2/5 Lux, AW/Modena, ~225k, many mods and lots of grip
    Please lift when giving a point by

My Cars
    N/A
    Not sure how they didn't penalize verstappen. Side by side. Didn't leave him any room. What am I missing?

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan

Redbull/Max really had some pace. Ferrari messed up with their strategy. On their pit radio, they were restricting Leclerc to slower lap times at beginning of his second stint. He only had back markers to deal with and clean air for the most part. He couldve built up a huge buffer and then managed the last few laps. But Ferrari strategists are useless anyway.
    Yeah, it's disheartening hearing a driver say, "when can I go faster?" but being held to a lap time for SUPER EXCITING STRATEGY REASONS

- - - Updated - - -

Max shouldve been penalised for that move but since i despise Ferrari/Thug, i dont mind it really. Mclaren performed really well. Lando sixth, Sainz from last to eighth. They really are the top of the midfield now. Renault useless as ever as was Kubica who was lapped by his teammate.
    Quote Originally Posted by workhurts View Post
    Not sure how they didn't penalize verstappen. Side by side. Didn't leave him any room. What am I missing?
    There absolutely should not have been a penalty. The door was wide open, he was alongside, he made the corner at full lock from the inside, and he never unwound the wheel to force the Ferrari off. Could he have possibly turned in a little earlier? Maybe, but maybe not. Racing incident. If Leclerc didn't want to be out there on the exit, he should have taken a more defensive line. He also could have backed off and tried a shot up the inside as Max ran wide. It's racing. Penalties for things like this aren't good racing.

I say this having wanted the Ferrari to win.

My Cars
    yay
    Max takes no prisoners. A good lesson for Leclerc.

A big win for Honda. With the way Japanese value their honor, there was no way they were never going to succeed. Congrats!
    CARS
    02.92 325is / 06.72 2002 / 02.91 XJ / 08.04 R53 JCW

so bummed

finally a good one and I was away n the DR..

wonder if it will replay anywhere?....

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    Quote Originally Posted by jrkoupe View Post
    so bummed

finally a good one and I was away n the DR..

wonder if it will replay anywhere?....
    F1 replays and other good stuff

http://www.racinghd.net/category/f1/f1-2019/

F1 replays and other good stuff

http://www.racinghd.net/category/f1/f1-2019/
    hey V
    thnx!

btw Im looking to get a new track day car....maybe e36 or 46 M

but I must say that e92M engine is like perfect w/ a good exhaust.....saw and heard one in the DR......which is rare there.

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    Quote Originally Posted by jrkoupe View Post
    hey V
    thnx!

btw Im looking to get a new track day car....maybe e36 or 46 M

but I must say that e92M engine is like perfect w/ a good exhaust.....saw and heard one in the DR......which is rare there.
    Time for a Ginetta G4

Quote Originally Posted by ELVA164 View Post
    Time for a Ginetta G4
    hey

vintage iron is in my future for track days