Thread: New Phone Pairs and Connects but Can't Start a Call Using iDrive

My Cars
    2010 528xi

New Phone Pairs and Connects but Can't Start a Call Using iDrive

I got a new phone with Android P. It pairs and connects to the car alright. I can dial out from my phone and use the speakers and mic in the car for hands free. I can even open the contact list using the iDrive knob but I can't call using the iDrive knob. If I move the bar to select a contact, it will drop the menu with "Call, Delete.." but the items are grayed out. Any idea why? This is my 4th phone used with the 528i. All other phones (Android and iOS) worked fine. And I have also deleted the older phones from the paired list in case it's out of room.

My Cars
    1989 535i
    I'm on Android P too and it doesn't seem to play well with my phone either. I don't even get a contacts list, mine is just blank.

My Cars
    2010 528xi
    Thanks for the reply. So you had previous Android versions working on the same car? The first thing I thought was perhaps an "improved security" that blocks anyone from unauthorized use of a connected phone but I couldn't find settings that does it.

My Cars
    BMW x6
    That is why I prefer iPhones to any Android devices, but it all comes down to the personal preference. Besides that , from time to time I have test somthing as a part of my iOs development work https://bostonunisoft.com/ios-apps.html so yeah, you get the main idea behind my choice.