Thread: Auto dimming mirror connector

My Cars
    92 735iL (12/1991)

Auto dimming mirror connector

Hi all. I'm considering upgrading my manual dimming mirror to an auto-dimming mirror.
    I read that most E32 and E34 cars came pre-wired for this feature.

I removed the left sun visor and the courtesy light and there is no extra connector in that area... however, I do see a white 6 pin connector, near the sun roof controls. Is that the one?

It doesn't match the description of a 3 pin connector (and the 10 pin connector on the later cars) that I read about online, so I'm confused...
    Any ideas? Thanks.

sunroofconnector.jpg

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    here on page 87 the connectors look different for the E34, section 6, auto dimming rear view mirror retrofit http://www.olieroe.nl/auto/bmw530iA/...ions_Guide.pdf
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    1991 BMW M5
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactuar View Post
    Hi all. I'm considering upgrading my manual dimming mirror to an auto-dimming mirror.
    I read that most E32 and E34 cars came pre-wired for this feature.

I removed the left sun visor and the courtesy light and there is no extra connector in that area... however, I do see a white 6 pin connector, near the sun roof controls. Is that the one?

It doesn't match the description of a 3 pin connector (and the 10 pin connector on the later cars) that I read about online, so I'm confused...
    Any ideas? Thanks.

sunroofconnector.jpg
    My 91 M5 has the same 6 pin white connector. Any luck on if that is the rear view mirror plug? I've been wanting to add an autodim mirror as well.

My Cars
    89 750iL | 91 325iX
    I had to reach further over to the drivers side to pull the connector over but mine was a 3pin I think. It was just clipped into the roof.

The auto-dim mirror I got had the connector clipped off it so I took apart the connector on the car side and just spliced them together

The wiring convention was simple and I found it through a search on here, I left out the reverse hook up I believe and just did power and ground.