Hi BF!

Recently had the luck of a rock flying up on the highway and taking out my rear quarter window

Didn't happen to see anything for us sedan folk on the rear quarter replacement so I figured I would create a DIY once i had it all sorted out. Turns out all you need to fix this is a T-25 Screwdriver, Phillips + Flat head, 10mm Socket, some tape, a replacement window which can be sourced from a parts car or salvage yard, and just a little bit of patience.

So First and foremost you are going to want to tape up the existing cracked window, not only to keep from glass from going everywhere, but this will make removing it much easier.

Next, acquire a replacement window, of which I purchased for all of $22 (only money spent for the fix!). If the donor car is locked like mine was. take a razor blade and cut away all of the perimeter trim / weather stripping surrounding the quarter window, and once enough is removed it should fall out towards you

Next, prep the door panel for removal by sliding the Door hand trim towards the front of the car to release it, Unscrew and remove the Door lock, and pop out and unplug the Window switch

Behind the close - handle, there are two hidden T-25 screws you need to remove in order to un mount the door panel from an interior bracket. Below shows one of the trim caps removed that cover the T-25 bolts

Then you need to "pop off" the door panel gently prying up on the perimeter, which will undo the mounting clips. Here is a picture of the back of the door panel so you can count how many are involved should you want to order some, just incase.

Now peel back the Door panel insulation, which is held on by a sort of RTV style adhesive. I applied RTV when reinstalling and worked great .

At this point, you are going to want to roll down the rear window all the way and then Remove the (2) 10mm bolts behind the insulation

Now remove the Phillips head hiding up-top inside of the window guide

Now you can pivot the Window Guide / Trim towards the front of the car, this will release the quarter glass for the most part

Then remove these retaining clips that put pressure on the window within the frame, this just makes it easier to wiggle out (dont forget to replace on install!)

Wiggle the quarter glass out of its channel and you are going to want to completely clean quarter window perimeter seal, completely clear of any remaining glass. Then Install your Replacement window into your existing Quarter Glass Seal

Once youve got the Glass in the seal, the install is essentially reverse of removal. The only advice i can give is that you should install the window and seal, Hypotenuse Edge FIRST, and then press the rest in accordingly, making sure to roll the seal over the inside lip as well. I recommend this as the hypotenuse edge has an internal section of the trim that is NOT FLEXIBLE, you can see it in the mold here as the rectangle imprint.

And then stand back and revel in your achievements

Thank you!